R.I.P. Robert Vaughn ( 1932-2016)

Sonny-Burnett

Robert Vaughn, probably most well known as the superspy Napoleon Solo from the Man from UNCLE series has passed away. Interestingly enough one of my favorite authors, Ian Fleming, had a hand in creating that character.  'Open Channel D'

He had a number of other roles and I remember him best for his roles in the A Team, the reluctant gunfighter in The Magnificent Seven, and as the heavy in one of the better Steve McQueen movies, and that included probably the best car chase scene in movie history, Bullitt.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

10 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

the heavy in one of the better Steve McQueen movies, and that included probably the best car chase scene in movie history, Bullitt.

Robert Vaughn was GREAT in that movie!  

This year sucks if you are a fan of anything great in music or movies. The Man from Uncle was a terrific show and he had tons of very stellar movie roles such as Chalmers in Bullitt (I especially like the character's last scene trying to retain his composure after being made a fool of by the villain and leaving empty-handed), Lee in The Magnificent Seven, and a desperate Senator in The Towering Inferno. He also was in a couple of Columbo episodes as well.

R.I.P., Robert.