Episode #12 "Milk Run"

Ferrariman

Wow, another great bunch of reviews! Lots of solid 10s! I gotta check this episode out for sure!!! Getting the complete season box set soon!!!!

Another one of my favorite eppys from the 1st season.Great opening scene at the airport' date=' can't go wrong with some ZZ Top.Went a bit "ABC Afterschool Special" at times, but i liked how Sonny fought to get these kids a break.Also has one of the saddest endings of a MV episode.Finally "Rain" is another one of my favorite scores by Jan Hammer.[/quote'] Yep, x100 on all points! :thumbsup: Sometimes I wonder if Sonny always tried to stand up for kids he came across to make up for the lack of a relationship he had with his own son. The Good Collar is another example of one where someone Sonny tried his best to protect dies in the end.We hardly ever see Sonny get choked up like he did at the end of this episode.
  • Like 2

I like how PMT gives DJ the sign to come into the scene......in the scene when Tubbs was outside talking to the Lt and Sunny is in the background on the phone....PMT places his right hand down by his butt and shakes....at that time you see Sunny hang up the phone and run towards them....

• Like 1

I like how PMT gives DJ the sign to come into the scene......in the scene when Tubbs was outside talking to the Lt and Sunny is in the background on the phone....PMT places his right hand down by his butt and shakes....at that time you see Sunny hang up the phone and run towards them....

Never noticed , have to watch for that next time.

• 1 month later...

Had to give this one a ten. It has great music and a great 'feel' to it. Almost makes a great mini movie as it has a great stand alone story, and even some character introduction. The acting amongst the guest actors isn't top notch, but it plays into the 'innocence' or 'fear' of the situation. By the end you actually feel sorry for the guys and the cops. I'm also a fan of not so happy endings, it makes it seem more real. Probably how Miami Vice hooked me to begin with. A great episode for sure.PS, the MV 2006 movie was missing the angle that made this episode, and so many others, so great.

Watching on dvd now' date=' caught PMT's hand signal for DJ to walk into the scene. Very slick sir, well played. :thumbsup:[/quote'] Сan you help? When is it? :confused:

Сan you help? When is it? :confused:

After Moya and his cronies were killed and the boys are in the hotel lobby. Crockett is on the phone and Tubbs is standing in the doorway talking to Castillo. PMT puts his hand down near his behind and motions for DJ to hang up the pay phone and enter the scene.

Edited by MrsEvanFreed

• 6 months later...

Excellent episode about a drama of two young men who attempt to be drug runners due to the wish to open a night club in New York.:clap::clap:I like the fact that soon Sonny and Rico recognize that Louise ans Eddie aren’t hard gangsters, but rather youngsters who need help.For the first time Sonny’s soft and vulnerable side is shown and in the end of the episode he’s like a picture of misery.:hot::glossy:Now VICE begins to develop the main characters and let us feel how they collapse on cruel reality.Meanwhile it’s clear that VICE isn’t a series such as Columbo, Remington Steele or Magnum P.I where the good guys win and the bad ones lose.No, we are confronted with a series which shows cold, shattering and dispiteous real life.It is unrealistic if Moya doesn’t take revenge on Eddie and Louise for betraying his brother to VICE.So he takes his pumpgun and whacks Eddie...:hot:Milk Run has one of the best ending: Sonny sitting on the floor, full of blood and a slow version of Rain is played.:happy::radio:Additionally the episode offers amusing scenes, for example when Sonny drops his hot dog down inside Sloane's car.:D Or in the safehouse when Stan scares Eddie and Louise.:DFantastic music by Jan Hammer - Rain and the unfinished theme when Rico chases Moya.:radio::radio:10 of 10 points.

It's all been said...Rain-Jan Hammerstoryline-excellentending-tear jerkerall around well acted and great plot.10/10Up there with Evan and others that have solid storylines and go inot depth.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just for fun anybody know what series he's in? Without looking it up. :D

I can't remember what colour shirt the actor is wearing, but I'm guessing by your question you are referring to Evan Handler, who starred in the series 'Sex and the City'???

• 1 month later...

Milk Run12. Milk RunHere we go! After a couple so-so episodes in my book, we come to one of the highlights of Season 1. The story line here is very believable and well acted. The opening scene in the airport was a good one. Tubbs and Crockett trying to scare away Martinez and Eddie. “Such as sewing your finger into your mouth†Haha. Sonny is such a wise guy sometimes but he is great. Sloan was a piece of crap, glad to see Sonny get the better of him eventually. Sonny’s actions when interrogating Eddie were great too. He wants to waste no time. “I Don’t feel like making deals todayâ€. The scene in the Senator hotel is one of my favorites of the season and the series. Jan Hammer’s “Rain†is spot on here and makes the scene for me. One of my all time favorite tunes of his. The sound of rain along with a pretty soft mellow tune is just perfect. When it rains, it pours in Miami. Anyway, the ending was a little bit predictable with Eddie dying, but I will say that It was the perfect route to go. If Martinez died, it would have been more just but since Eddie dies, Martinez has to live with guilt the rest of his life since he was the one who dragged them into the drug scene in the first place. That’s what I love about this show, they make you think about morality but also consequences of your actions and having to live and deal with them. The last scene just sums up the whole episode. Sonny feeling saddened and responsible for Eddie’s death. He kept promising that he would protect him and get him out of this. Again, the slow sound of “Rain†during the closing is on cue and terrific. If you are skimming for episodes in Season 1, do not miss this one. It’s a Vice classic. 10/10

• 1 year later...

Finally, as a number of people have said, after the three weak episode span Vice gets its flair back! Great episode, loved the opening, storyline was interesting, music choice was unbelievably moving (and catchy :D) and the acting was overall solid.The ending was very good, one of my favourites along with No Exit, Calderone's Demise, Evan and a couple others in Season One.This episode gets a 10, one of my faves in Season One!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I loved this one after watching ( again !! ) - so much stronger than "Little Prince" and "Give a Little ..." and sets the show up nicely for some great episodes coming up .:thumbsup::cool::shout::D:D

Guest MetroVice

Milk RunI also loved this episode and I rate it a 10 as well for most of the same reasons as others. I just checked out PMT's signal to DJ in the lobby of the hotel (37:44 on the DVD) that was mentioned a while back. Not something I would have ever noticed on my own. There were many great scenes in this episode and I especially LOVED when Sonny tosses his uneaten hotdog into Sloan's Corvette Stingray as his attention is diverted talking to Tubbs. That move was absolutely classic for those that noticed it :)Every time I see a great episode like this it makes me wonder just how they could have gone from this to the silliness of Cows of October & Missing Hours :rolleyes:

I also loved this episode and I rate it a 10 as well for most of the same reasons as others. I just checked out PMT's signal to DJ in the lobby of the hotel (37:44 on the DVD) that was mentioned a while back. Not something I would have ever noticed on my own. There were many great scenes in this episode and I especially LOVED when Sonny tosses his uneaten hotdog into Sloan's Corvette Stingray as his attention is diverted talking to Tubbs. That move was absolutely classic for those that noticed it :)Every time I see a great episode like this it makes me wonder just how they could have gone from this to the silliness of Cows of October & Missing Hours :rolleyes:
I did love the part where Sonny throws his hotdog into Sloan's Corvette Stingray--that actually was probably my favorite part of the episode! :) That' date=' and sticking up for the kids and exposing how crooked Sloan was. But, other than that this episode really wasn't that memorable for me...it was more sad & depressing than anything else. But, practically any other episode is better than "Missing Hours" or "Cows of October". ;) I originally gave this episode a 5:
I know several really like this episode...but to be honest this one doesn't really "do" much for me. I did like the scenes where Sonny sticks up for the kids and smears the crooked lawyer. But' date=' other than that the rest to me was kind of sad, depressing, and even boring. I gave it a 5.[/quote']

• 10 months later...

I like Eric Bogosian's appearance in this episode. He was fantastic in a fantastic film, Talk Radio (1988). If you haven't seen that film check it out. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

I like Eric Bogosian's appearance in this episode. He was fantastic in a fantastic film, Talk Radio (1988). If you haven't seen that film check it out. I highly recommend it.

What part did Eric play in "Milk Run"  :D

He was Zeke the punk in Milk Run. He was brilliant in Talk Radio. The film was based on his play and Oliver Stone directed it.

It's a great film. 

• 1 month later...

Milk Run: (1985)

One of the saddest episodes from the first season and even 30 years after still a very relevant tragedy that happens to a lot of families when kids that are out of touch with the reality think they can score the deal of a lifetime and live for the rest of their life like kings in some sunny tropical paradise.

Sadly most of them gets the hard cold truth like Eddie and Louis, that there are no easy way to become rich and there never was.

8/10

Edited by ArtieRollins

Oh man I just love Milk Run.  So much to like.  I love the scene where Sloane is in the bar trying to pick up on chicks and he says, "You hear they're making sex a misdemeanor?...The more you miss it, da meaner ya get..."

The intense scene at the hotel with the rain outside. And then the shootout concluding with "I WANNA GO HOME!"

The ending is pretty much perfect.  "Yeah, let's get the car."  The good guys don't always get the happy ending.  What a novel idea for tv at the time.  

This is one of my top ten Vice episodes.  

• 4 weeks later...

The ending is pretty much perfect.  "Yeah, let's get the car."  The good guys don't always get the happy ending.  What a novel idea for tv at the time.  

That's why Vice was so great. Another cop show would've followed that scene with a lighthearted tag where all the cops are sitting around cracking jokes like nothing happened.

• Like 1