Sign in to follow this  
Ferrariman

Episode #12 "Milk Run"

airtommy    806
airtommy

Cory Barker of the website This Was Television reviews "Milk Run":

Although the realities of television production are regularly hectic, confusing, and disorganized, it does seem that shows often attempt to come back after the holiday break with an episode that really embodies the kinds of things they do best.

I never thought about that, but in this context it makes sense that Milk Run was one of the most powerful S1 eps.

Read the full review:

http://thiswastv.com/2012/10/08/review-miami-vice-milk-run/

Edited by airtommy

Noggie    43
Noggie

This represented the right balance between the Crockett & Tubbs characters. Both have plenty of moments & it was nice to see Tubbs go after Moyà alone. Didn't see that enough throughout the series.

This was one of the episodes I didn't see until the USA Network reruns in 1989. I missed it first run. Great episode! While the show was wrapping up season 5, it was a treat to watch episodes like this! 9/10

Edited by Noggie

Vincent Hanna    484
Vincent Hanna

One of the genuinely best episodes in the entire series. 10/10

miamijimf    956
miamijimf

One thing I've always liked about Vice is that the plots were based on reality not the imagination of some Hollywood screen writer. The drug lab explosion in Milk Run is a perfect example.  See this https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=46&v=4uYyQPaddDc

This "cocaine castle" bust happened after Milk Run was filmed but there were earlier busts of large quantities of ether and explosions. Watching Vice is like revisiting 80s Miami.

Remington    127
Remington

Ok now we're back on track.

Milk Run is one of the best of the first season. Pretty much everything about it is solid. While I wouldn't personally wear it, I dig crocketts wardrobe in this one. The music is great. It also includes some pretty tense scenes. Am I alone in thinking that Eddie looks like Ray Liotta?

The only flaw is when the kid screams eddie in slow motion. That was unintentionally hilarious.

9.5/10

• Like 1