Complete Series vs. Season-by-Season on DVD

MVfan

Now that the complete series is available as a box set, I'm wondering if anyone has noticed any differences (good or bad) between the box set and the individual season DVDs. Not just in terms of any special features, but other things about the episodes as well. I've seen some postings about the music being hard to hear in certain episodes on the individual season DVDs, for example. Does anyone have any thoughts on one vs. the other?

As far as the US version goes, this is what I've heard the differences are: single-sided discs for S1 and S2, and the snazzy box. That's it.

• Administrators

...and don't you get single sided disks on the complete set?That alone would be worth buying it!

In the USA' date=' the complete set actually costs less than buying all five sets consequitively.[/quote']"consequitively" as opposed to individually?

• 5 months later...

I'm bumping this back up since I was just on Best Buy's website and was checking the price for MV Complete Series. About $140.00 which is too much for me.While I was there, I looked at the prices of individual seasons and all five seasons are on sale (online only) for $14.99 So I can buy all five seasons for half the price of the complete series. Only downside is the double-sided discs in S1&2. I'm wary of doing this, as I recently purchased the first 3 seasons of Magnum, P.I. from Amazon for $60 The disks are all double-sided, and I just finished S1. One episode (Beauty Knows no Pain) froze after the first ten minutes. I don't want to repeat that mistake since any ep from S1 or 2 of MV is 100 times better than the ep of Magnum that froze on me.I'm thinking of buying S3,4,&5. $45 is a steal. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Only one. Just don't buy the double sided discs.We all have learned from that bad experience. Apparently, there is no good alternative to replace the crappy S 1 & 2 discs only.

Only one. Just don't buy the double sided discs.We all have learned from that bad experience. Apparently' date=' there is no good alternative to replace the crappy S 1 & 2 discs only.[/quote']Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I just bought S 3, 4, & 5 for $48.00 :thumbsup: Would have been cheaper if I didn't have to pay 6.25% MA sales tax, but it's 3 seasons for the price of one! :dance:

That was your best choice for now. Enjoy the last 3 seasons.I've got all 5 seasons, but wish to replace the first 2 - but only with single sided.

• 10 years later...