AMAZING,THE BEST JAN HAMMER "BUDDIES" INSTRUMENTAL EVER!!!

S0NNY

On 12/9/2016 at 4:10 PM, Bart Graft said:

Hi everyone! 

Glad you all enjoyed the track, thanks a million! I recorded it as a tribute to the "Buddies" theme, and after hearing Dadrian Wilson's incredible version on YouTube I wanted to have a go at recording it myself. Decided to strip it down a bit and make it more guitar-focused.

I have better recording software now, so I'm thinking of doing another version with the same instruments Jan Hammer had used.

Some of the gear used to record this:
 - Yamaha CS-80 (Arturia VST)
 - Battery 4 acoustic kit
 - Guitar Rig 5 (Yamaha Pacifica)
 - Kontakt bass with Fender Jazz for the high-end.

Oh, and I also covered another of Jan's tunes. This can be heard on  S01E04 "The Hit List" 

Anyway, like the "Buddies" theme, I formed it into a longer track. Link: https://bartgraft.bandcamp.com/track/chase-on-brickell

Cheers!

Bart, did you play with real electric guitar or you sampled it with synth:)? cos if it is all sampled, you got me XD  it sounds as if it is real guitar:)

2 hours ago, S0NNY said:

Bart, did you play with real electric guitar or you sampled it with synth:)? cos if it is all sampled, you got me XD  it sounds as if it is real guitar:)

Yep, all real guitars!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bart Graft said:

Yep, all real guitars!

Damn, you're good:) i listen to you other albums and i can say you're great:)   Bart, i want you te check out this band, this is an american new band, but i like them a lot, especially their first album called "Days of thunder". They play 80s like synth stlye.  I especially like this single, they actually got some guy to play guitar solo on the middle and in the end, such a nice hooky song, especially guitar solo is amazing, Listen to it, hope you like it:)  Here https://themidnight.bandcamp.com/track/sunset

• Like 2

On 12/9/2016 at 2:10 PM, Bart Graft said:

Hi everyone! 

Glad you all enjoyed the track, thanks a million! I recorded it as a tribute to the "Buddies" theme, and after hearing Dadrian Wilson's incredible version on YouTube I wanted to have a go at recording it myself. Decided to strip it down a bit and make it more guitar-focused.

I have better recording software now, so I'm thinking of doing another version with the same instruments Jan Hammer had used.

- Battery 4 acoustic kit

Oh, and I also covered another of Jan's tunes. This can be heard on  S01E04 "The Hit List" 

Anyway, like the "Buddies" theme, I formed it into a longer track. Link: https://bartgraft.bandcamp.com/track/chase-on-brickell

Cheers!

Fantastic ! So pleased - love your work !:shout::D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, S0NNY said:

Damn, you're good:) i listen to you other albums and i can say you're great:)   Bart, i want you te check out this band, this is an american new band, but i like them a lot, especially their first album called "Days of thunder". They play 80s like synth stlye.  I especially like this single, they actually got some guy to play guitar solo on the middle and in the end, such a nice hooky song, especially guitar solo is amazing, Listen to it, hope you like it:)  Here https://themidnight.bandcamp.com/track/sunset

All real guitars - they sound brillant ! Very pleased also with the new "Chase on Brickell" track .:radio:

• Like 1

On 12/9/2016 at 2:10 PM, Bart Graft said:

Hi everyone! 

- Battery 4 acoustic kit

Cheers!

I have also downloaded "Chase on Brickell" now as well as "Jan" . Great new updated Miami Vice sound !:done:

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 12/3/2016 at 8:56 PM, Dadrian said:

I would call this more of an "interpretation" than a "cover", as the bass notes, chord structure, etc. are quite a deviation from Jan's version. 

Just listened to this for the first time (my old PC wouldn't play it) :evil:   It's definitely good but I agree 100% with Dadrian that it's more of an interpretation of Jan's work. Anyone who knows Jan Hammer's vice cues will peg this as a cover after the first 30 seconds. Aside from the main tune he takes a lot of "creative liberty" with the guitar work 

I'm not bashing here. Like I said, it's very good but I like my Vice cues note for note and in that case I bow to our own Mr. Wilson! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Just listened to this for the first time (my old PC wouldn't play it) :evil:   It's definitely good but I agree 100% with Dadrian that it's more of an interpretation of Jan's work. Anyone who knows Jan Hammer's vice cues will peg this as a cover after the first 30 seconds. Aside from the main tune he takes a lot of "creative liberty" with the guitar work 

I'm not bashing here. Like I said, it's very good but I like my Vice cues note for note and in that case I bow to our own Mr. Wilson! :thumbsup:

Yes I agree it is certainly more of a re-interpretation certainly "Jan" and "Chase on Brickell":done:

9 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Dadrian your work is awesome ! - I have your covers alongside my JH originals on my phone .:done::D

That's an understatement. I have Dadrian's recordings on this disc of MP3's and it covers basically everything JH ever recorded for MV.  It's one of the greatest collections of music I possess, and I have A LOT of CDs.  All hail Dadrian!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mirrorimageegamirorrim said:

That's an understatement. I have Dadrian's recordings on this disc of MP3's and it covers basically everything JH ever recorded for MV.  It's one of the greatest collections of music I possess, and I have A LOT of CDs.  All hail Dadrian!   

No not an understatement at all a huge compliment to Dadrian as I have a very comprehensive instrumental Miami Vice playlist on my phone and Dadrian's work is right there with Jan Hanmer's side by side :D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1