Happy Birthday, Don Johnson!

Tony D.

:shout:  A very Happy Birthday to THE ONE AND ONLY ............DON JOHNSON !

Yes, today we celebrate our favorite undercover cop....Sonny Crockett 's birthday.

Happy Birthday, Don Johnson and many more years of Health & Happiness!   :cake: :gift: :cheers: :balloon: :tasse_prost::fireworks:

• Like 2

would;t it be nice if one day Don just popped up here and said hello XDD?  i wonder if he ever knew such site as miami-vice.org or this site existed:)   But nah, even if he knew he wouldnt join:) what i gather from interviews i have ever seen since he left vice, he never wants to reall talk about it, it is aif you can feel his frustration that people and tv anchors only always keep asking him about miami vice, it feels like Don has a frustration that didnt go down in history as this huge big screen Hollywood star but rather just a small screen tv star. Somehow his movies were never that successful as he wanted it to be and he never could get rid of his vice shadow.. AS good as it was, i feel his aim really was always to someday to hit it on big screen...    

1 hour ago, S0NNY said:

his aim really was always to someday to hit it on big screen...    

I do like Don's work beyond Miami Vice. The Hot Spot is a great film and Dead-Bang is an excellent one. Theres's more to him than just Sonny Crockett.

I'll tell a story I haven't told here before. I told it back on .org. Back in the summer of 2007 I saw Don at the bar of the Hotel Puente Romano in Marbella, Spain. I'm serious. That really happened. I didn't go up to and ask for an autograph or a photo. Just seeing him was good.
As he left he let out this Crockett style laugh. I think Melanie has a home around there and that's what Don was doing there.

Another year older and wiser, Don.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to the Great Man for the 15th .

He certainly has been quite active on facebook and twitter posting some updates - one with his daughter :done:

17 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

GREAT picture Vicegirl85 !!l

Glad you guys liked my "card".  Can't recall exactly where the background image of Miami came from--probably posted by someone here but there are also some gorgeous Miami images available on Pixabay.com.  The left-hand image of Don is from Definitely Miami and the other one is a recent-ish pic of Don that I found online.  I thought the composite came out pretty well :)

• Like 1