Miami Vice Animated Gifs Thread

Daytona74

ok I'll see if I can make some more over the holidays.

I've been trying to find a scene where Castillo does one of his famous stares... to do that into a gif... any episode suggestions?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

I've been trying to find a scene where Castillo does one of his famous stares... to do that into a gif... any episode suggestions?

Try "Nobody Lives Forever" when he stares at Crockett in the meeting room. 

Also, if you're on Twitter @theaterofscifi posts exquisite dishes of GIFs throughout the day--an absolute must. 

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

ok I'll see if I can make some more over the holidays.

I forgot the episode......... but Castillo tells Tubbs to never come up to his face again!

ok I'll have a look both at Nobody Lives Forever and One Eyed Jack (that's the one you are thinking of, Tony).

The scene from "When Irish Eyes Are Crying" where Crockett takes off his Persol shades in shock at his Daytona being blown up has kind of become a minor Internet meme... but I slightly doubt that kids these days will even remotely know what it's from... :)

Most versions you find on the Internet don't look very tidy though... so I just created my own gif:

daytona-blowup-short-gif.gif

Also, while I was at it, I made a gif of the whole scene:

daytona-blowup-full-gif.gif

I had to trim it down considerably, and if you've seen the episode enough times, you will know that some frames of it are missing in my gif. But otherwise, it would have been something like 8 MB...most file hosters have a 5MB limit per file...

Little question there for our "gun savvy" friends... does a Stinger missile launcher really have smoke coming out on both ends when you fire it? Kinda looks like they used some pyrotechnical effects instead of actually shooting one off... I just looked on youtube for clips of somebody actually shooting a Stinger, and what you see there really looks different...

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

ok here's another gif I made:

izzy-new2-gif.gif

I think this scene is the only time that Izzy Moreno actually talks about the fact that he came to Florida on the Mariel Boatlift, just like Trini de Soto... calling himself "one of the great minds of the southern Florida refugee experience"... :)

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, Daytona74 said:

ok I'll have a look both at Nobody Lives Forever and One Eyed Jack (that's the one you are thinking of, Tony).

The scene from "When Irish Eyes Are Crying" where Crockett takes off his Persol shades in shock at his Daytona being blown up has kind of become a minor Internet meme... but I slightly doubt that kids these days will even remotely know what it's from... :)

Most versions you find on the Internet don't look very tidy though... so I just created my own gif:

daytona-blowup-short-gif.gif

Also, while I was at it, I made a gif of the whole scene:

daytona-blowup-full-gif.gif

I had to trim it down considerably, and if you've seen the episode enough times, you will know that some frames of it are missing in my gif. But otherwise, it would have been something like 8 MB...most file hosters have a 5MB limit per file...

Little question there for our "gun savvy" friends... does a Stinger missile launcher really have smoke coming out on both ends when you fire it? Kinda looks like they used some pyrotechnical effects instead of actually shooting one off... I just looked on youtube for clips of somebody actually shooting a Stinger, and what you see there really looks different...

I love when Tubbs says..."Sold!"

I have a strong urge to post the Crockett facepalm gif in the thread where the guy said "The Cell Within" is one of his Top 5 eps.  :D

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 12/22/2016 at 5:14 AM, James said:

The last one from Definitely Miami is the best...and Tubbs dancing is hilarious!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 2/20/2021 at 11:12 AM, sdiegolo78 said:

The last one from Definitely Miami is the best...and Tubbs dancing is hilarious!

Thanks. The Definitely Miami "Deal with it" comes in handy frequently.

• Like 1