Blade Runner 2049!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

I've been waiting 34 years for this one!  Blade Runner has always been my favorite film of all time and this sneak peek looks damn good! Ridley Scott is not directing but it looks like he has chosen the perfect replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T2b0mp2hco

• Like 5

Hmm…Don't know how to feel about this one. I love Blade Runner but do we really need more sequels to classic movies?

I'm sure it'll be a good movie (Think the guy directing this one did "Prisoners" with Hugh Jackman which was awesome) but I don't know, is it really that necessary.

Time will tell if we will have a good dose of classic to come back to fans or just another movie only with similar title,but still I also can not wait till I see this one

• Administrators

I saw this trailer yesterday. It's interesting that they decided to do another one after all these years. And Ryan Gosling is in it which makes it 1,000x better, as he is great in these types of movies. 

I just hope they keep the synthy vibes going which the original had with the synthwave music, sort of give it a retro feel. Then this sequel could be a cult classic, just like the original. 

I'm definitely interested in this one. 

• Like 1

Yeah, this is just huge, huge, HUGE news.  I'm sure I've enjoyed a Blade Runner topic or two around the forum long ago. B.R. has been so influential on so much of pop culture. This is going to get everyone talking, for sure.  Right now I'm looking around on topics about places that inspired some of the sets.  

Yeah, it better be synthy!!!!

• Administrators

Yeah, it looks and sounds really good so far.  I'm just happy to see it's a sequel and not a remake!

• 2 months later...

They better not explicitly state that Deckard is a replicant in this one. Ridley Scott must have lost his mind when he claimed that Deckard was a replicant after all, as that makes no sense whatsoever.

I thought the whole point was that the androids are shown to have more of a capacity for empathy than the actual human beings, especially the bounty hunter guy Deckard that's tasked with terminating them, or whatever euphemism they use.

How many more films is Ridley going to ruin? I read that he's thinking of doing a sequel to Gladiator too.

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Guess being a Lieutenant got a little boring, huh?

And being Professor Gellar in Dexter didn't last long. :p

That's awesome. Another reason to watch it when it comes out! I'm excited for this. 

11 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Guess being a Lieutenant got a little boring, huh?

"It's a shame she won't live…but then again who does"

Olmos was great man.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

They better not explicitly state that Deckard is a replicant in this one. Ridley Scott must have lost his mind when he claimed that Deckard was a replicant after all, as that makes no sense whatsoever.

It makes sense if you saw Ridley's final cut where they added Deckard's unicorn dream sequence.  Gaff's origami unicorn at the end of the movie told Deckard that he was a replicant because Gaff knew his dreams and probably other facts implanted by Tyrell. It also told him that he was at Deckard's apartment and could have "retired" Rachel but didn't.  Now why would Gaff choose a unicorn to leave for Deckard? Coincidence? If so it's a big one.

The question has also come up as to why Deckard has aged (in the new movie) if he is a replicant,   I would say that since most replicants had a 4 year life span, who would know whether they age or not?  If they lived a normal life span wouldn't they age like anyone else?  A lot of "what ifs" and probably a few more after seeing the movie.

Although I like Gosling as an actor, I'm not real keen on this sequal. How can you top perfection?

I agree with F-man that Decker was a replicant. I got the directors cut dvd and also came to the same conclusions from the dream sequence.

The only problem I have is why did Ford's Decker live so long? I wonder if Rachel also surpassed the 4 year limit?

I guess we will have to wait for the movie to find out...............................

• Like 1

Hmm, alright but if Deckard is a replicant then what's the message of the film? That Deckard was prejudiced towards Rachel and Roy Batty & Co for being sub-human, then at the end he comes to the realisation that he's no different to them?

I don't know, Roy Batty's speech about "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe" is more powerful if Deckard is human, unless he's talking to the audience and not him.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Hmm, alright but if Deckard is a replicant then what's the message of the film? That Deckard was prejudiced towards Rachel and Roy Batty & Co for being sub-human, then at the end he comes to the realisation that he's no different to them?

Well he would only know whatever Tyrell implanted in his mind. I guess after learning the truth it changed his perception of things.  Blade Runners probably also had no termination date.  

Another clue that screamed replicant was Deckard's collection of photographs around his home. 

8 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

The only problem I have is why did Ford's Decker live so long? I wonder if Rachel also surpassed the 4 year limit?

I guess we will have to wait for the movie to find out...............................

Well the original release of the movie added that happy ending with Deckard and Rachel riding off into the sunset. During that scene Deckard's voice over said  "Tyrell told me Rachel was special, no termination date"  So hopefully the movie will tell us what happened to her.  I doubt very much that Sean Young would reprise her role. The stories I've read says that she and Ford hated each other during filming.

• Like 1

Good one FMan! I have the triple copy of the Bladerunner including that version but I never watch it, as the overdub al through the movie drives me crazy! I hate the narrative as it demeans the viewer's intelligence and that hokey ending really sucked in my opinion. The directors cut is so much better!

Well if Sean Young doesn't want to be in it because of some tiff, then so beit? I sincerely hope they don't mess this sequal up like they did with the remake of Total Recall. That remake was total crap! (imho)

Still.........I hold the original Bladerunner (directors cut) up to my first choice as best sci fi ever made!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 3/18/2017 at 6:20 PM, Stinger390X said:

Still.........I hold the original Bladerunner (directors cut) up to my first choice as best sci fi ever made!

Got my vote!