Blade Runner 2049!

Ferrariman

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

• Administrators
13 hours ago, damrod said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

Is that a quote from the book?

• Administrators

It's a quote from the movie. Don't know if it was in the book.

• 2 weeks later...

"The C-Beams Speech", is a brief monologue delivered by replicant Roy Batty (portrayed by Rutger Hauer). The final form, altered from the scripted lines and improvised by Hauer on the eve of filming, has entered popular culture as "perhaps the most moving death soliloquy in cinematic history" and is an often quoted piece of science fiction writing.

• 5 months later...

Just saw this film tonight in a relatively empty theater, and it was an excellent film. One of the few times I can say that a sequel rivaled the original in many respects. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I heard it wasn't doing very well but the people who did go to see it have been raving about it. Can't wait to check it out!!

It's a shame that not many people want to see thoughtful slow paced movies anymore.

I was surprised that on the first Sunday at a late afternoon time that there were only around 20 people in the theater I was in, and maybe that was around 40% capacity. But it was a very long movie, approaching 3 hours with the opening credits. 

Without saying too much to avoid spoilers, it was visually stunning...from the opening aerial scenes and powerful music that was reminiscent of the original. But more than the visuals and music was an engrossing plot that expanded on the replicant theme from the first film in several ways. It was compelling and gripping and kept my attention throughout the film. Original characters seen included EJO as Gaff, Ford as Deckard, and Rachel. Ford was given a fairly substantive role in spite of his years. Many of the visuals remained from the first film, including the building sized holograms that were more than a little suggestive in this film, and in this film we are taken out of the city into several other locations. Technology has clearly improved from the original, and in a personal way to the lead character. I did really enjoy this film. 

• Like 1

Well said SB...

I also went on opening night last Thursday to see it on the big screen.  I grabbed my 3d goggles and was off on the three hour adventure and positively glued to my seat!

I could not believe there were only 9 people in the theatre??? I have to admit I was NOT disappointed and the story line came to a wonderful conclusion of the burning question from the first one which was...Was Decker a Replicant?  Kind of like what 2010 did for 2001 a Space Oddessy. Ties up the narrative with a neat bow

Go see this film kiddies............................It.s better than superhero/cartoon crap that Hollywood has plugged out lately. This director from Montreal did excellent homage to Ridley Scott's original!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I watched this movie the other weekend and I was blown away. The ending made me cry like a baby and I don't cry, like ever. That is when I know a movie is pure art, when it is able to move you in such an emotional way. Especially someone like me.

I'd comfortably give this film a 10/10 and the best movie of the 2010s decade so far. It goes to show that great films are still being made. Unsurprisingly, it bombed at the box office while superhero movies continue to dominate :rolleyes: no offense to those who like them. I just don't see them as very artistic.

• Like 1

Yes yes yes! Great film! 

I can’t get into the Marvel movies either. Though the visuals and sound are cutting edge, the storyline and dialogue seem like they are written for children’s television. 

...This from a guy who’s still watching an 80s cop tv show. :) 

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Yes yes yes! Great film! 

I can’t get into the Marvel movies either. Though the visuals and sound are cutting edge, the storyline and dialogue seem like they are written for children’s television. 

...This from a guy who’s still watching an 80s cop tv show. :) 

I knew you'd come through haha. You have great tastes.

Oh yeah I agree. Most people would probably find our interest a little bit off the wall! Lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Regret having missed this thread before!

FM, how did I know that you of all people might be a fan? Just a weird inkling I had while seeking out all BR + EJO posts here to see where they may have been covered.

Well, I’m now absorbing this discussion on the new Dune movie in production and/or filming. 

I should be careful not to cross streams too much and derail this into a Dune thread, but I’m liking the discussion about director Denis Villeneuve. Back later...

Edited by cageyJG

• Administrators

Trailer looks good!  I do think he’s an excellent choice to direct. Here’s hoping!

• Thanks 1

No doubt Dune will be a quality film but it won't better the original.

As for Blade Runner 2049, it's a breathtaking visual treat in the form of a bleak retro-futuristic sci-fi thriller and it dazzles us with its hauntingly beautiful images.

• Like 1