Ferrariman

Blade Runner 2049!

damrod

Going to be interesting.  The novels were ok.  Going to be a long wait.

damrod

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

James
13 hours ago, damrod said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

Is that a quote from the book?

Matt5
2 hours ago, James said:

Is that a quote from the book?

I would also like to know that ?!:D

Ferrariman

It's a quote from the movie. Don't know if it was in the book.

damrod

"The C-Beams Speech", is a brief monologue delivered by replicant Roy Batty (portrayed by Rutger Hauer). The final form, altered from the scripted lines and improvised by Hauer on the eve of filming, has entered popular culture as "perhaps the most moving death soliloquy in cinematic history" and is an often quoted piece of science fiction writing.

Sonny-Burnett

Just saw this film tonight in a relatively empty theater, and it was an excellent film. One of the few times I can say that a sequel rivaled the original in many respects. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Vincent Hanna

I heard it wasn't doing very well but the people who did go to see it have been raving about it. Can't wait to check it out!!

It's a shame that not many people want to see thoughtful slow paced movies anymore.

Sonny-Burnett

I was surprised that on the first Sunday at a late afternoon time that there were only around 20 people in the theater I was in, and maybe that was around 40% capacity. But it was a very long movie, approaching 3 hours with the opening credits. 

Without saying too much to avoid spoilers, it was visually stunning...from the opening aerial scenes and powerful music that was reminiscent of the original. But more than the visuals and music was an engrossing plot that expanded on the replicant theme from the first film in several ways. It was compelling and gripping and kept my attention throughout the film. Original characters seen included EJO as Gaff, Ford as Deckard, and Rachel. Ford was given a fairly substantive role in spite of his years. Many of the visuals remained from the first film, including the building sized holograms that were more than a little suggestive in this film, and in this film we are taken out of the city into several other locations. Technology has clearly improved from the original, and in a personal way to the lead character. I did really enjoy this film. 

• Like 1

Stinger390X

Well said SB...

I also went on opening night last Thursday to see it on the big screen.  I grabbed my 3d goggles and was off on the three hour adventure and positively glued to my seat!

I could not believe there were only 9 people in the theatre??? I have to admit I was NOT disappointed and the story line came to a wonderful conclusion of the burning question from the first one which was...Was Decker a Replicant?  Kind of like what 2010 did for 2001 a Space Oddessy. Ties up the narrative with a neat bow

Go see this film kiddies............................It.s better than superhero/cartoon crap that Hollywood has plugged out lately. This director from Montreal did excellent homage to Ridley Scott's original!