More Floridian pet alligator stuff

cageyJG

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-rambo-gator-wins-20161222-story.html

"A Lakeland woman will have a happy holiday this year knowing she can keep her beloved, formerly motorcycle-riding alligator. Mary Thorn has owned Rambo the gator for nearly 12 years, training the rescued reptile into a snuggle-worthy, outfit-wearing show animal."

Happy holidays...

• 10 months later...

i don't know if reptiles can have feelings. i saw another incredible story once. a fisherman saved a giant croc (but he was really huge) from a fishnet. since then the croc used to behave in a very friendly behavior toward his savior. the guy could hold the animal for minutes in his arms. and the croc behaved like if he was a bit in love you know

14 hours ago, jpm1 said:

i don't know if reptiles can have feelings. i saw another incredible story once. a fisherman saved a giant croc (but he was really huge) from a fishnet. since then the croc used to behave in a very friendly behavior toward his savior. the guy could hold the animal for minutes in his arms. and the croc behaved like if he was a bit in love you know

Great story but so weird - I’ve never heard anything like that :hippie:

8 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Great story but so weird - I’ve never heard anything like that :hippie:

I agree Matt ....that is a weird story! :wuerg:

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, Matt5 said:

I just dont buy that - they are predatory creatures Tony:funky:

I might believe it if it was a baby alligator that was raised by the man but not a full grown crocodile. :wuerg:

9 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I might believe it if it was a baby alligator that was raised by the man but not a full grown crocodile. :wuerg:

They are predatory beasts Tony !:baby2::o:)

two possibilities. as said in the article it could be simply a brain damage. more or less the animal forgot who he was. or it could be, the animal saw death so close, and was so happy, that he developped a kind of gratitude towards his savior. animals can be surprising sometimes

16 hours ago, jpm1 said:

two possibilities. as said in the article it could be simply a brain damage. more or less the animal forgot who he was. or it could be, the animal saw death so close, and was so happy, that he developped a kind of gratitude towards his savior. animals can be surprising sometimes

I think a lion has more brain capacity than a crocodile!

I'm very skeptical about it and have to agree with Matt. In my opinion these animals react by instinct and can't be tamed. There of course has been numerous of examples of some humans creating a "special bond" to wild animals. But I believe most of them grew up with the humans from birth.

I don't remember things very well, after I've watched something and some while has passed, but one documentary I do recall was at the zoo, when a small child fell down to where the gorillas were and fainted. And one of the much older alpha male gorilla of the group were keeping they others away from harming the child. Again I think it was natural instinct to protect, (like it would do with a baby gorilla) Maybe...

And also the example with the Wolfman, who lived with a pack of wolfs. From the outside it looked, as he knew how to handle them, but he himself said, he was aware, that they are still wild animals, who can act unpredictable and he has to be careful. 

In reality that lion in the video is thinking "awesome my dinner is here. A delicious meal." :) Seriously though, I believe it would attack if something made it upset. She isn't exactly in the cage with the lion, because it's dangerous.  Still it is amazing/unbelievable, whenever I hear these stories.

Edited by summer84

23 hours ago, summer84 said:

I'm very skeptical about it and have to agree with Matt. In my opinion these animals react by instinct and can't be tamed. There of course has been numerous of examples of some humans creating a "special bond" to wild animals. But I believe most of them grew up with the humans from birth.

I don't remember things very well, after I've watched something and some while has passed, but one documentary I do recall was at the zoo, when a small child fell down to where the gorillas were and fainted. And one of the much older alpha male gorilla of the group were keeping they others away from harming the child. Again I think it was natural instinct to protect, (like it would do with a baby gorilla) Maybe...

And also the example with the Wolfman, who lived with a pack of wolfs. From the outside it looked, as he knew how to handle them, but he himself said, he was aware, that they are still wild animals, who can act unpredictable and he has to be careful. 

In reality that lion in the video is thinking "awesome my dinner is here. A delicious meal." :) Seriously though, I believe it would attack if something made it upset. She isn't exactly in the cage with the lion, because it's dangerous.  Still it is amazing/unbelievable, whenever I hear these stories.

Great post Summer !:hippie: