Singer George Michael Has Died

Dadrian

Just read that this entertaining singer has died.  I very much enjoyed his recordings.  Sure he openly talked about his addictions and was in rehab, but he certainly could sing. RIP.

Just read it... this is really sad. One of the definitive faces of 80s pop culture is gone. 

News are still sparse yet... I hope it isn't what I think happened... he was on kind of a dark path in the last few years...

• Like 1

• Administrators

"I want your sex!" Best scen in Beverly Hills Cop II.

One of the best. I hope it wasn't from HIV/AIDS. Lots of rumors of his "alternative" life style back in the day.

Another great song:

The album "Faith" was kind of the soundtrack to my life as a 14 to 15 year old. Songs like "Father Figure" were what was played during slow dance rounds at our parties...  ;)

I had a friend who had the CD and who made a cassette tape of it for me. The catch was that the album was just over 60 minutes long, which meant that on a standard 60-minute audio cassette, the last 1:20  minutes or so of the equally great song "Kissing a Fool" were missing... :evil:

It's a peculiar feeling when you see your former idols go.

Edited by Daytona74

3 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Another great song:

The album "Faith" was kind of the soundtrack to my life as a 14 to 15 year old. Songs like "Father Figure" were what was played during slow dance rounds at our parties...  ;)

I had a friend who had the CD and who made a cassette tape of it for me. The catch was that the album was just over 60 minutes long, which meant that on a standard 60-minute audio cassette, the last 1:20  minutes or so of the equally great song "Kissing a Fool" were missing... :evil:

Very sad such a great artist

well his hair was getting thinner over the years, if you look closely at more recent pictures...

You have to have quite dense hair growth to really pull off 80s hair and not look like Phil Spector... ;)

Edited by Daytona74

Sad news. I must confess I wasn't the biggest fan of George Michael but it's still very sad to see him go at such a young age.
2016, what you do have against music legends?
The music video for Careless Whisper was in Miami which was good.

R.I.P.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Did someone change the name of this topic? No worries. I just don't remember typing that. 

Uh.. No. It was last edited by you. If one of us changed it it'll say "Edited by James" for example. 

6 hours ago, James said:

Uh.. No. It was last edited by you. If one of us changed it it'll say "Edited by James" for example. 

I know that. I edited to add the birth and death years. Guess I should start adding "reasons". I was just curious why the title was changed. No big deal. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 5:54 AM, Daytona74 said:

Another great song:

I had a friend who had the CD and who made a cassette tape of it for me. The catch was that the album

pretty strange seeing all these people die. I was 16 when Faith came out, and just turned 19 when Listen Without Prejudice came out. 

i had the record of Faith and I want your sex part 3 was left off because of space.

as for his hair i think he just liked different styles. He cut it short way back in 1991 the first time. Super thick hair and beard.

• Like 1

"Listen Without Prejudice" was a great album that never received all the credit that it deserved. :thumbsup:

"Praying for Time", the first track on that album, was my waking up song for quite a while. I had a wake up timer on my stereo in my room as a kid, so that's how I woke up for school every day. To the first track of whatever CD album I thought was cool at that time... :cool:

Edited by Daytona74

4 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

"Listen Without Prejudice" was a great album that never received all the credit that it deserved. :thumbsup:

"Praying for Time", the first track on that album, was my waking up song for quite a while. I had a wake up timer on my stereo in my room as a kid, so that's how I woke up for school every day. To the first track of whatever CD album I thought was cool at that time... :cool:

Such a classic - I just love this album and the lead single "Praying For Time"