In The Air Tonight

Daytona74

On 1/5/2017 at 4:45 PM, Dadrian said:

This was a great performance! 

More posts here:

Well, since i like his music and i got all his albums and all live concerts, im gonna get his new tour concert when it is released, cos his upcoming world tour concerts all sold out in all time record highs.] But...  it is evident his voice has aged a lot and his is struggling with his voice a lot, especially in other songs which are more demanding and in very high keys.  His voice have deepened a lot from aging. When he did the last Genesis tours way back in 2007, even then all the songs were lowered, some  by even 2 full notes !!  it sounded terribly , you change song's key by half a step and it looses it's sounding and face..let alone full step or more.  If you watch him performing "all against odds", he is so struggling, he has no high notes absolutely, his only silently sing-says a falsetto for a high note, i feel bad when i see him sing now when his older days are etched in my mind, but we all age of course,  i mean i understand it, he is not 30 or 40 anymore.  I still respect him though that he is trying his last efforts for a decent comeback tour. It will be very interesting to watch him as a that famous singer on stage after many years to perform again, 

Your vocal cords start to harden from about age 35 to 40. Most male singers who could hit the high notes flawlessly when they were younger end up struggling to still sing them the more they progress into middle age.

I share your concern, Dadrian... but on the other hand, it's great that Phil Collins has come back out of retirement. If what you could read about him until very recently was true, he was sort of beginning to become clinically depressed from doing nothing. Well, and he apparently also had somewhat bad neck and back pain from decades of being a drummer. So if it makes him happy to perform again, I think that's a win-win for everybody.

• Like 2