Favorite ep. of all time.

timm525

Just PM'd. For the record, besides Freefall:Milk RunPhil The ShillBad Timing (Yes, Bad Timing)The Lost Madonna (I love this one more each time I watch it)

• Administrators
Same here. D'oh! If a mod wants to reset my vote' date=' I'd do it again, right, this time...[/quote']
Just PM'd. For the record' date=' besides Freefall:Milk RunPhil The ShillBad Timing (Yes, Bad Timing)The Lost Madonna (I love this one more each time I watch it)[/quote']OK Lar,Amended!:done:

• Administrators

I gave my vote to "Brother's Keeper", "Evan" and "Prodigal Son" (of course ;)!).Then I hestitated ... but finally gave my vote to "Mirror Image" and "Redemption in Blood" ... Though "Payback", "The Killer", "Death and the Lady" and "Deliver Us From Evil" are very close to my choice. To choose only 5 episodes is really a pain ... :hot:By the way: Great work, Tim!Only the total percentage amount is a little bit ... *uhm* ... utopian. I'm counting more than 600% so far ... :D. But well ... That's Miami, pal! :glossy::cool:

Agreed' date=' I usually do a top 10 for myself. 5 is verrrry hard![/quote']To do my top 5, i tried thinking of 6 or 7 and then try to narrow that down. I ended up doing a top 20!!!

I've been ticking and unticking episodes for the last 10 minutes... this poll is giving me a migraine!My 5 are: Milk Run, Smuggler's Blues, Evan, Buddies, Payback.Now there are no votes left for Brother's Keeper and the Burnett trilogy. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

My top 5 are all season one episodes:Brother's KeeperThree Eyed Turtle (aka No Exit)Great McCarthyLittle Prince Evanand from season 2Out Where The Buses Don't Runas you know a lot of people like this episode's ending as do I, but it's also my favorite scene, second would be from the pilot with In The Air Tonight, after that I really just like most of it, but it's these 2 that stand out for me.

• 1 month later...

" Prodigal Son " and the Pilot always do it for me - just pure Vice. "Prodigal Son" was Vice at its very best.

an episode of vice out of Miami though just doesn't seem right somehow

"Prodigal Son" was filmed about a quarter in North Miami and the rest in Nyc - but it was beautifully crafted , with great visuals and music.!

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for my usual Hackman/Burnett Pentalogy (!) - Forgive Us Our Debts, Deliver Us From Evil, Mirror Image, Hostile Takeover, Redemption in Blood.Like a lot of trilogies though, Part 2 is often looked at as the 'weakest sibling' I think, so in some ways I'd agree Hostile Takeover is marginally not as good as Parts 1 or 3 - lacks the impact of the first ep (how can anything top Mirror Image?) and the glorious conclusion of the finale (little comes close to the moment Burnett's memory returns as he wanders back into OCB).

Favorite Episode of all time

(little comes close to the moment Burnett's memory returns as he wanders back into OCB).

That is so true! Sonny's surprise as he looks around at his co-workers and the shock on their faces as some, but not all, point guns at him, is one of the best scenes in Miami Vice IMHO. BTW, is there a "best scene in MV" category on this site?

Could be interesting - I always feel a bit impotent though with these 'favourite' polls as I know I've not seen all eps - probably only 90% of them all so far. Something that makes it easier for me is that on the 'other' site I remember including my own fave scenes/moments from each of Seasons 3 to 5 - so I could take the top scenes from each of those and pick what I think is the best - but haven't done it for Seasons 1 or 2 yet so again I'm feeling a little like I probably couldn't quite be sure it'd be the ultimate scene for me - better than nothing though I suppose.A poll though would be difficult surely? How to choose which scenes to go in the poll in the first place? We could suggest some scenes first I suppose in this thread then have them all included in the poll itself then vote?

Favorite Episode of all time

Could be interesting - I always feel a bit impotent though with these 'favourite' polls as I know I've not seen all eps - probably only 90% of them all so far. Something that makes it easier for me is that on the 'other' site I remember including my own fave scenes/moments from each of Seasons 3 to 5 - so I could take the top scenes from each of those and pick what I think is the best - but haven't done it for Seasons 1 or 2 yet so again I'm feeling a little like I probably couldn't quite be sure it'd be the ultimate scene for me - better than nothing though I suppose.A poll though would be difficult surely? How to choose which scenes to go in the poll in the first place? We could suggest some scenes first I suppose in this thread then have them all included in the poll itself then vote?

I'd love see this category take place, but you're right about how difficult it would be to set up. This poll for best episode must have been really hard. Still, it's a pleasant challenge.

• Administrators

You can make all the poll questions about the scenes you want unless you go above the 115 poll limit! :eek:If so, we can add more...

sounds good. we gotta have the "Evan" breakdown scene where Evan falls into Sonny's arms - the best scene in the whole series

• Like 1

You can make all the poll questions about the scenes you want unless you go above the 115 poll limit! :eek:If so' date=' we can add more...[/quote']Just as well they only made 110 or so eps of MV then!!I think it might help if we wanted to give this a serious go, two suggestions:1) - timm525 can you create a new thread for this discussion first please?(you can add a poll later I assume to the same thread or start a different thread)2) - it would help if we had a standard format suggestions are made according to - eg. Season Number (if you know it) - Episode Name - Episode Number (if you know it or this can be added later) - Brief Scene Title/Description (enough to clearly identify it in voters' minds)So for example you would have something like: Season 2 - Out Where the Buses Don't Run - Ep 025 - Final Dire Straits Sceneor: Season 1 - Milk Run - Ep 013 - Final Sonny in Tears Scene

• Administrators

The poll options were increased from 10 to 115 because I wanted to create this monster poll for all the eps.You can create a new thread if you like or I can if you need me to for some reason. :confused:As for the poll, I can add that anytime after the creation of the thread.So, by all means, create a new thread and start your discussion. When your ready for the poll, just let me know and I'll add it.