Favorite ep. of all time.

timm525

My favorites are1. Brother's Keeper2. One Eye'd Jack3. The Home Invaders4. Bushido5. Cool Runnin'I didn't vote for Miracle Man but I don't consider it a bad episode. Maybe around # 75

Tony certainly likes his season 1 :rolleyes:

Yes Shill, but my selection for 6-10 slot is more diverse :6. Prodigal Son7. Blood & Roses8. Mirror Image & Love at First Sight9. Free Fall10. Heroes of the Revolution

So I guess we the fans have so far decided that the best MV episodes are:1) Evan2) Brother's Keeper3) Definitely Miami4) Prodigal Son5) Out Where the Buses Don't RunI'm quite happy with that list!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Mines wereMirror Image (the most courageous script to me, the best ep to me)Red Tape (the best "Tubbs episode")Definitely Miami (If I'd have to show just one episodes for a starter, this would be it)Golden Triangle (part I was the ep I've seen most in my life)Hostile Takeover (absolutely great, a lot better than Redemption in Blood to me)

• 2 months later...

It's pretty hard to decide on my hand-down favorites.Still...My top 5 list (in no particular order):Brother's KeeperThe Prodigal SonFreefall(cause it's always good to watch not just an excellent MIAMI VICE episode,but an excellent 2-hour episode)Evan Child's play(due to the level of drama in that episodes)I wish I could make this list much longer.Because there are a lot of episodes I would like to have on it.5 isn't enough.

Choose the 5 best episodes of a great series like Miami Vice is as good as impossible. Overall, I find the first two seasons the most interesting, but the other seasons have also great episodes. So I decided to pick the best episode of each season and came to this conclusion:Season 1: Brother’s Keeper (very hard to decide: Evan or Brother’s keeper?!)Season 2: Back in the WorldSeason 3: Forgive us our DebtsSeason 4: Child’s PlaySeason 5: Line of FireA honourable mention for funniest episode: Made for Each Other.

Top of my list is No Exit (I love Mr Willis & he was pretty scary in this ep plus the Vice locations were brilliant), next up was Brother's Keeper (the start of it all), then a tie between Evan and Lombard - I remember both from the original series & both with iconic locations & characters. Lastly I chose LMD, again for my memories of the original run. Can I pick my favourites from 6-15 now please?

So hard to pick only 5...1. Smuggler's Blues (Perfect MV movie, this is what it's all about)2. Forgive Us Our Debts (Story, music and acting... truly a masterpiece)3. Walk-Alone (The first ep I ever saw, nostalgic feel to it and love "In Dulce Decorum")4. Out Where the Buses Don't Run (So eccentric and funny, and what an ending)5. Freefall (Another great MV movie, the series got the finale it deserved)

• 4 months later...

The Great McCarthy, Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Freefall, The Prodigal Son and Smuggler's Blues.The music used in these episodes... it's just awesome. Especially McCarthy, which is probably my favorite episodes. The Great Boat Race and Marina tracks, then the house band, and of course Born to be Wild. Just one musical orgasm after another.

The Great McCarthy' date=' Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Freefall, The Prodigal Son and Smuggler's Blues.The music used in these episodes... it's just awesome. Especially McCarthy, which is probably my favorite episodes. The Great Boat Race and Marina tracks, then the house band, and of course Born to be Wild. Just one musical orgasm after another.[/quote']Hopefully, you know that the JAN HAMMER track for the great boat race is on cd, and the marina track (the version used in the Great McCarthy) was covered perfectly by our member Dadrian Wilson. The track can be heard, and downloaded on this site. Click on the top of the page to DOWNLOADS.

if my life depended on it or i was locked in a room for the rest of my life with just one episode to watch it would be Hostile Takeover

The Great McCarthy' date=' Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Freefall, The Prodigal Son and Smuggler's Blues.The music used in these episodes... it's just awesome. Especially McCarthy, which is probably my favorite episodes. The Great Boat Race and Marina tracks, then the house band, and of course Born to be Wild. Just one musical orgasm after another.[/quote']
Hopefully, you know that the JAN HAMMER track for the great boat race is on cd, and the marina track (the version used in the Great McCarthy) was covered perfectly by our member Dadrian Wilson. The track can be heard, and downloaded on this site. Click on the top of the page to DOWNLOADS.
I've heard Dadrian's cover in youtube, and I own the album. I can't get to the downloads section yet, seeing as I have under 30 posts and 30 days after registration.

Have to go with Evan, for a few reasons.Top notch writingSolid Character developmentOutstanding acting from Guest Star William RussFor me, it was the defining moment that solidified Sonny and Rico as partners and friends.10/10Out Where the Buses Don't Run is a very close second.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I thought I was the only one that liked 'Out where the buses don't run." I see I'm not alone.1. Payback (When Season 2 dvds go in, this is the episode I think of)2. Hit List/Calderone's Return (This two part movie is awesome)3. Evan (Character, mood)4. No Exit (Mood)5. Prodigal son (Mood, attitude, great friendship end scene)I'm sure my mind will change the order of these and swap in others from time to time. There are just so many great episodes. PS. I just love when in the second part of 'Calderone's return' Russ Ballard's 'Voices' intro is mixed into the dialog.

Whenever i watch "Red Tape"...PMT does a great job in this one.Even though I've seen it a million times,he is so believable,especially in the credit union"So....this is your display case?"..INTENSE....I just hope Bobby heard him in the end...

• 3 months later...

Didn't vote for 5 episodes, simply voted for Freefall. It's my personal favorite.1. Freefall2. Brother's Keeper3. Forgive Us Our Debts4. Deliver Us From Evil5. Out Where The Buses Don't RunKind of ironic, each of my Top-5 contain an episode from each season of the show. Cool!

• 5 months later...