Favorite ep. of all time.

timm525

My top 5 are1. Forgive Us Our Debts2. Little Miss Dangerous3. Death and the Lady4. Brother's Keeper5. Calderone's Return The Hit List

Who could argue withthe classics Evan and Milk RunThere are my first two votes...I would have to go with McCarthy third and Down for the Count and PaybackHard to choose because there are so many good ones...........

• Like 1

That is so bad for me . So many very very good episodes . Brother´s Keeper To have and to hold Great McCartyRed TapeToo much , too late FreefallThe Cell withinSons and LoversLittle Miss DangerousShadow in the Dark Smugglers Blues and much more

• 1 month later...

There are a few fantastic episodes, many great and so many good episodes from Miami Vice.My favorite episodes include in no order:The Prodigal SonDefinitely MiamiGladesSmuggler's BluesEvanMy favorite episodes seems to come from Season's 1 and 2. :)In my opinion those were the best seasons of Miami Vice.Bad Timing from Season 5 is one of my favorites also, with Sonny cruising with the Harley and all. :cool:I love Miami Vice! :cool:

• 1 month later...

Top FiveThis was a tough one to narrow down, but in no particular order:Brother's KeeperProdigal SonShadow in the DarkEvanPaybackI know you didn't ask for it, but rounding out my Top 10 are:The Home InvadersThe Hit ListTheresaThe Burnett Saga (I consider that one extended episode)The Milk RunIt's such a same the writing flamed out so quickly for the show. I think most shows reach their creative peak around the 4th season these days, but for Vice the first two seasons were definitely its strongest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I Don't really have a favorite episode, as quite a few episodes are really worth to remember. It's small scenes like the one from "nobody lives forever" with Red 7 in the background that make certain episodes so special. But I would probably vote for "Out where the buses don't run aswell". That episode had a rather dark atmosphere and the ending was epic and it was actually really thought provoking. Great episode!I also like:Nobody lives foreverDefinitely MiamiHeart Of DarknessLombardProdigal Son

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never understood the acclaim for Evan. It's a good episode but never one of my faves.Never seen season 4 or 5. Am starting 4 tonight. So far top 5 are:Hit ListCalderone's demiseOut where the buses don't runForgive us our debtsFlorence, Italywhatever works, tale of the goat, payback all very close too

• 2 years later...

Heart of Darkness: Episode 2: (1984)
The first Miami Vice episode I ever saw and it's still my all time favorite. 

Ed O'Neill delivered one hell of a job as the tragic anti-hero Artie Lawson/Rollins, an undercover cop who has gone over to the "dark side", and it was quite a surprise to see the funny family man from Married With Children in such a complete different role. 
Everything about this episode is done so well from the "cheezy" opening that almost seems like an ordinary Jane Fonda workout session to then suddenly reveal its much darker truth. 
Also great use of pop music as always, especially the scene where Crockett and Tubbs is ready for a night out on town with Devo's Going Under blasting on the speakers. 
It has to be one the coolest scenes in any Miami Vice episode.

Opening scene with James Cameron's future wife Suzy Amis as Penny McGraw and music by The Tubes - She's A Beauty:
Crockett and Tubbs are Going Under with music by Devo:
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

"Duty and Honor"/"The Savage", season 3, 1987.

Personally, all the Castillo episodes are my favorite ones from the whole series,

but this one is my all time favorite. In these episodes we get to have a look inside

the past life of the most bad ass, cool cat Liutenant there is, was, and ever will be.

I like the mysteriousness around his character and the no nonsense attitude he has.

Very admirable.

"I've always tried to do what's right. That's the code I live by. Do you understand that?"

Edited by Markwey
  • Like 1

My favorite is Out Where the Buses Don't Run. I saw it in high school when it originally aired and it had such an impact. The ending never left me. It was years after the original run (maybe the late 90's) that I saw it again, and it had lost nothing. I also liked learning later that it had some basis in a real case.

• Administrators

Out where the busses don't run

Evan

Phil the shill

Smuggler's blues

And I like Made for each other very much

My favorite is Out Where the Buses Don't Run. I saw it in high school when it originally aired and it had such an impact. The ending never left me. It was years after the original run (maybe the late 90's) that I saw it again, and it had lost nothing. I also liked learning later that it had some basis in a real case.

I just realized that my second favorite episode Little Miss Dangerous, also had a shocking ending, and both were about individuals with mental problems. Don't know why those stuck with me. I guess quoting myself here, which is admitedly a little strange, fits perfectly.

• Administrators

I don't know, it's hard to choose one favourite episode.

Probably either The Hit List/Calderone's Return, One Eyed Jack or Smugglers Blues.

Or Bought and Paid For, or Definitely Miami, or Florence Italy, or Phil The Shill

I don't know what anyone sees in Tale of the Goat and Bushido. They are too bizarre and silly for me.

"Bushido" is one of my personal favorites, being a Castillo episode.

We get to know more about the mysterious past of the Liuetenant.

And "Tale of the Goat" is an interesting one because of the voodoo theme.

In my opinion they're both very good/great episodes, especially "Bushido".

Edited by Markwey

I think Golden Triangle and The Savage are better Castillo eps, Bushido is very slowly paced and I end up getting all sleepy. The teaser is brilliantly directed though.

• 2 months later...

My fave in order:

1. Prodigal Son

2. Brothers Keeper

3. Smugglers Blues (should have been two hours)

4. Definitely Miami

5. Golden Triangle

6. Sons & Lovers

7. Payback