Favorite ep. of all time.

timm525

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2017 at 4:43 AM, Remington said:

1 Brother's Keeper

2 Calderone's Return(Gonna count both as one episode)

3 The Prodigal Son

4 One Eyed Jack

5 Death and The Lady

MV forever:thumbsup:

Some great choices :hippie::tasse:

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

pretty weird, i never answered to that thread before. maybe it's because i just love all the ... series x). i don't know if i really have a favorite episode. but there are several i particularly like because of their content

- Calderon's return II: the Stinger in the sunset is a scene that blew my mind back in the years. that keeps blowing it, and that will continue blowing it over a long period

- Definitely Miami: Arielle Dombasle is just.. how could i say. as a man that woman is just a visual candy :)

- One eyed jack, Down for the count: Joe d'Allessandro is just perfect

- The great Mc carthy: the romantic idyll between Tubbs, and Vanessa is so romantic

Edited by jpm1
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2018 at 7:12 PM, jpm1 said:

pretty weird, i never answered to that thread before. maybe it's because i just love all the ... series x). i don't know if i really have a favorite episode. but there are several i particularly like because of their content

- Calderon's return II: the Stinger in the sunset is a scene that blew my mind back in the years. that keeps blowing it, and that will continue blowing it over a long period

- Definitely Miami: Arielle Dombasle is just.. how could i say. as a man that woman is just a visual candy :)

- One eyed jack, Down for the count: Joe d'Allessandro is just perfect

- The great Mc carthy: the romantic idyll between Tubbs, and Vanessa is so romantic

All of these are awesome episodes and some of my favorites too! My all-time favorite episode/s though are the Hit List & Calderone’s Demise (aka Calderone’s Return) 2-parter! In my opinion they had everything MV was about. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, S.FL84 said:

It would have to be OUT WHERE THE BUSES DON'T RUN.  Although there were many other great ones.

+1 ^^^^

South Florida film locations website lists a script which shows several unfilmed scenes which would fill in some holes  in the story.  It looks to me the whole Hank Weldon story would have  or could have taken almost two full eps. which is those days was only done for cliffhangers or season openers.  On WikiVice its says this ep. was based on an actual real life story about a cop who had to be institutionalized .

http://www.miamivicelocations2.org/page11.html

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Out_Where_the_Buses_Don't_Run

Edited by S.FL84

41 minutes ago, S.FL84 said:

South Florida film locations website lists a script which shows several unfilmed scenes which would fill in some holes  in the story.  It looks to me the whole Hank Weldon story would have  or could have taken almost two full eps. which is those days was only done for cliffhangers or season openers.  On WikiVice its says this ep. was based on an actual real life story about a cop who had to be institutionalized .

http://www.miamivicelocations2.org/page11.html

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Out_Where_the_Buses_Don't_Run

I agree...this episode (which was listed as one of TV Guides’ 100 best episodes ever in 1997) was worthy of a special 2-hr storyline—should have been the season premiere! :thumbsup:

You are also correct, this episode was based on a real-life case from the Miami area in the mid to late 70s. So was Shadow In the Dark. 

• Like 2

I've said this before elsewhere and will for the rest of my life but MV touched a nerve in popular culture in such a way NO other show ever did or ever will.  I bet anything Tartikoff and the brass at NBC were kicking the sh$# outta themselves for not copyrighting every freaking thing even remotely connected to MV.  In 1984 & 85 Don Johnson could've sold his dirty underwear for $10,000 per pair.

Edited by S.FL84
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 3:19 PM, jpm1 said:

i don't think MV touched a nerve, i think Miami did. when i say Miami, it's the city, and its surroundings

I have to disagree...MV touched the proverbial nerve, and it (the show) is what brought Miami to the spotlight. :thumbsup:  Before MV, Miami had become more of a retirement area for the elderly, and not necessarily for the rich and elite.

The show helped bring Miami to everyone’s attention, and brought excitement, sizzling Florida backdrop, the Caribbean color-scheme, and the need for saving & restoring the Art Decos! Basically MV helped re-create and/or re-envision the city of Miami. :glossy:

• Like 3

Just the fact a freakin' TV show that was modelled after top 40 music videos completely changed an entire section of a town, clothes, cars, boats, music is amazing.  MV changed music videos which changed music videos.....

I personally feel like the influx of money from the actual (not make believe) drug cartels was the most significant factor in the renaissance of Miami. The TV show then glamorized it with great music and images. Not to take anything away from MV, but I think the city would be basically (though not completely) the same today with or without MV. 

JMO :done:

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I personally feel like the influx of money from the actual (not make believe) drug cartels was the most significant factor in the renaissance of Miami. The TV show then glamorized it with great music and images. Not to take anything away from MV, but I think the city would be basically (though not completely) the same today with or without MV. 

JMO :done:

Yes the influx of drug money fueled the building boom and did wonders for the real estate business, construction, and other people in the community such as car dealers and bankers but had a negative impact on the area's reputation (Paradise Lost articles etc) and the tourist business (largest industry).  Vice glamorized the area despite the crime and drugs while attracting young people and others who would have never dreamed of visiting Miami, building the TV and movie industry there, the night club and entertainment industry.  Vice was the Catalyst for the Recovery.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Yes the influx of drug money fueled the building boom and did wonders for the real estate business, construction, and other people in the community such as car dealers and bankers but had a negative impact on the area's reputation (Paradise Lost articles etc) and the tourist business (largest industry).  Vice glamorized the area despite the crime and drugs while attracting young people and others who would have never dreamed of visiting Miami, building the TV and movie industry there, the night club and entertainment industry.  Vice was the Catalyst for the Recovery.

I agree...MV was the catalyst and was a huge factor with the reinvision and revitalization of Miami! :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

At the (:43) mark! 

I've read of an incident an eyewitness tells of standing in deposit line in a bank in 1981 in Miami and a little columbian lady hurried past him carrying two Macy's paper shopping bags overflowing w/ $20s & $50s dropping a couple $200 (remember $200 in 1981 is like $580 today).  He stopped her but she was in such a huge hurry she uttered "you keep it" and ran out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1981/08/06/bedecked-in-gold-miami-drug-lords-buy-luxuries-for-cash/6059cb26-4fbf-49f6-a07a-7263d82bd6ff/?utm_term=.54d579fbfd79

Edited by S.FL84
  • Like 2

"The alleged drug tycoons who have been mainlining seven to 10 billion illicit dollars a year into south Florida's superheated economy, authorities say."

^ That much money compressed into a comparatively tiny little area like Miami is like compressing an aircraft carrier into your bathtub.  I still get a big laugh when I think of how much THAT huge influx of cash NOT credit must have had on Broward County.  I bet even the bums had pocketsfull of $$.

Edited by S.FL84

I'm sorry to take this great thread off course.  The mod needs to relocate my posts.  Its just, once again, no TV show that anyone w/a 10inch portable b&w tv w/ rabbit ears could tune it & watch a culturally altering piece of American history.  It must've been incredible to have actually lived in Miami in1984-88 and see some everyday familiar locations on THE hottest show on television.

• 1 month later...

Definitely...Definitely Miami. Maybe it's not the strongest episode writing-wise, but that was never what Vice was about. Vice was about telling an entertaining story in a visually and musically attractive way. The whole episode is a stunning piece of art and the ending especially feels like a complete fever dream. I've watched it countless times.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Definitely...Definitely Miami. Maybe it's not the strongest episode writing-wise, but that was never what Vice was about. Vice was about telling an entertaining story in a visually and musically attractive way. The whole episode is a stunning piece of art and the ending especially feels like a complete fever dream. I've watched it countless times.

Arielle was perfect in her role. gonna watch it immediately

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Prodigal Son.

Yesssss. That episode is so addicting. Every time I hear Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen it makes me want to watch it so bad.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Yesssss. That episode is so addicting. Every time I hear Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen it makes me want to watch it so bad.

This feature length episode is better than most action/thriller movies, the music was just fabulous, the scene where Crockett and Tubbs get chased in the street and Rubber Miro by Liquid Liquid is playing was pure genius.

Still some quality episodes after season 2 but I didn't really enjoy any of the episodes after 2, after the Mann era, I found them too political and a bit boring to be honest, it was like all of the fun, excitement and the vibe was all gone.  

Edited by RedDragon86

On 11/24/2017 at 8:05 PM, Matt5 said:

Some great choices :hippie::tasse:

In 'Death and the lady' did you notice that they used Crockett's driving sequence from 'Shadow In The Dark' at the end of the episode? I don't know why they wouldn't think we would not notice Sonny's short hair, and the scene it self is important enough to remember. Again in season 4 in 'Baseballs Of Death' they used a speed boat clip of Sonny from season one, why didn't they just film these scenes properly?

Edited by RedDragon86