The Miami Vice Testarossa Auction

Vicefan7777

5 hours ago, Prova85 said:

Not to go off topic too much here but I have a quick question. I was a member of a Vice forum years ago that I think had Blackhorse(or something like that) as part of the URL does anyone recall that or know if that forum is still around? 

@Ferrariman may be the one to help you with this one. 

• Administrators

If memory serves I seem to remember possibly something with wildhorse.com in the address?  But I think it's long gone now.  Does that ring a bell with anyone else?

26 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

If memory serves I seem to remember possibly something with wildhorse.com in the address?  But I think it's long gone now.  Does that ring a bell with anyone else?

Wow I'd forgotten that, but yes, it sounds very familiar!

I think that's the website I originally referenced for the names of the songs and artists for the show. That's why it sounds so familiar to me. The list had some issues, but it was all I had at the time. 

20 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Think it may have been the Miami Vice Chronicles ( http://www.wildhorse.com/MiamiVice/ ) but it looks like it is now defunct.

Yes I remember that site. As stated it was a  reference for the shows. Pretty sure that it had the forum as well. It was a fairly active forum from what I remember. Surprised it's gone. In fact, when I read of the purchase of the TR and tried to find that site to post some info about it is how I found this site.

The owner replied to me but he didn't have the VIN to corroborate if it is the same chassis number that was posted earlier. He'll have the car shortly. Hope to have some info and pics for you guys in the days ahead. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Dadrian said:

@Prova85 Nice profile pic! :thumbsup:

Thx D! That's chassis 56221. It's a Euro version brought over back in April '85 before you could buy them at dealers in this country. I've put a healthy 27k miles on it since I've owned it. 12 Italian cyls = lotsa smiles per mile. :D

Anyways back to the white one Crockett drove, it is the car with the VIN mentioned earlier in the thread. He says it does show signs of the respray. Anyone is welcome to check it out in his showroom in Buford, GA @ Adams Classic & Collector Cars. On another note, the Atlanta International Auto Show has asked him to display the car March 22-26, 2017 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Wish I was down that way.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...