Episode 39 - Little Miss Dangerous

miamijimf

Posted: 14 October 2006 at 12:16pm by DanJYesterday, Friday October 13th, turned out to be my lucky day. I was cruisin' around South Beach looking for MV locations and I came across this, which I thought was long gone:Eingefügtes BildGranted, the building is history but at least the sign lives on. It may not be colored neon, but all the letters are working! DanJ Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

I'm watching Little Miss Dangerous right now. What a quawinkeedink.I wonder if they give "Sailor's Discounts" there?

Posted: 14 October 2006 at 1:14pm by DanJHere's a view of the corner of Washington Avenue and 16th Street (No it's not the Abbey Road crosswalk!), taken on Thursday, June 29, 2006. Look carefully and you'll see some dude in a yellow shirt rummaging in a green garbage can. Perhaps this is a distant relation to the bag lady that Crockett & Gina interrogate at that corner:Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 14 October 2006 at 1:18pm by Matt5Interesting DanJ - I know the subway well there.! Roughly in that pic was the old site of the Anchor?I stumbled upon the Anchor Hotel Sign in that parking garage/ small office complex opposite the Loews and St Moritz (Free Verse ) Hotels too. Funny the relevance of the garbage dude in particular to this ep of MV. I noticed a lot of this ep filmed around Jerrys Deli/ Henrosa. Even the car burning scene was filmed opposite the Betsy Ross on Ocean Dr before that huge condo went up , JLo has a apartment in that condo The Henrosa is a dive now - was okay 3-4 yrs ago now roach hell apparently. Henrosa pretty much unchanged exterior wise since 1985-1986 SeasonEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Posted: 14 October 2006 at 1:35pm by DanJOriginally posted by MATT5Interesting DanJ - I know the subway well there! Roughly [where] in that pic was the old site of the Anchor?Matt we should meet at that Subway for lunch some time. Drop me a PM to make arrangements.In answer to your question, the Anchor could not have been in the birds-eye view picture above, because if it existed when I took the pic I would be standing on its roof! In other words, it was across the street directly under me.

Posted: 14 October 2006 at 3:25pm by SOFLAJEREMYI remember when you showed me that location a good vice day have to do it again soon

Posted: 14 October 2006 at 6:39pm by gustafsonHey vicers , I had asked about the "Anchor Hotel" a little while back. If this would be any helpfull info... if you didn't know already......When Sonny is talking to the bag lady, the address on the building behind her says: 1602 It looked like the Anchor Hotel was across the street from them in that scene. Just another observation, I saw when CAT was going into the loby to go upstairs, the dude on the phone had an electric guitar strapped to his back....I noticed behind the bag lady it also said "Whole Sale Metal" gustafson

Posted: 14 October 2006 at 6:51pm by Matt5Originally posted by DanJOriginally posted by MATT5Interesting DanJ - I know the subway well there! Roughly [where] in that pic was the old site of the Anchor?Matt we should meet at that Subway for lunch some time. Drop me a PM to make arrangements.In answer to your question, the Anchor could not have been in the birds-eye view picture above, because if it existed when I took the pic I would be standing on its roof! In other words, it was across the street directly under me. Thanks DanJ .Next team im in Miami I will pm you def. I also hope to meet fellow vicers next time Im in Miami which should be soon . First stop will be the Free Verse Safehouse in Golden Beach! and Prodigal Son marina location airtommy has just found.Nice Pic by the way

Posted: 27 October 2006 at 1:23am by airtommyA clue on the LMD safehouse! At about 36:14 Tubbs is briefly shown driving. There are concrete walls on both sides of him, as if he is going under a bridge or through a tunnel. The camera shot begins looking directly down on him, so it's probably shot from atop the bridge. Straight ahead of Tubbs is a one-way road and a park behind it. So that must be the neighborhood of the safehouse, with the divided road. Maybe that bridge/tunnel will jog someone's memory about an area in Miami.

Posted: 27 October 2006 at 7:38pm by DanJI've been striking out on that location as well. Keep in mind that just because Tubbs was driving down a particular street doesn't necessarily mean that the safe house was anywhere near there. The exception would be if there is no cut between the driving scene and pulling up to the house. I'll have another look at that soon...

Posted: 27 October 2006 at 7:41pm by Matt5So much of that ep was featured around Collins/Washington and Ocean Dr apart from the Safehouse. It reminds me of Brenda 's House in "Nobody Lives Forever" but isnt. Has that been found - Brenda's House? I cant ever recall seeing that on a discussion although most of the locations for that ep are known ( ie Ocean Dr/ JJs/ Cocunut Grove Marina)

Posted: 27 October 2006 at 10:28pm by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by airtommyA clue on the LMD safehouse! At about 36:14 Tubbs is briefly shown driving. There are concrete walls on both sides of him, as if he is going under a bridge or through a tunnel. The camera shot begins looking directly down on him, so it's probably shot from atop the bridge. Straight ahead of Tubbs is a one-way road and a park behind it. So that must be the neighborhood of the safehouse, with the divided road. Maybe that bridge/tunnel will jog someone's memory about an area in Miami. I am now looking at the scene just before that as he drives up. def a unique street design or pattern. clues in the very opening shot I notice are a do not enter sign in bg likely a one way street. from the first couple of frames I am guessing it looks like either coral gables around the biltmore or island in venetian causeway maybe

Posted: 27 October 2006 at 11:36pm BY DanJThe shot at 36:14 looks like the same entrance we see at the beginning of "French Twist," albeit from up top rather than from in front. That's at FIU's Bay Vista campus in North Miami.

Posted: 28 October 2006 at 12:34am by airtommyTo me, this 36:14 scene rules out Country Club Prado in Coral Gables as a candidate. When he drives up to the house during the day, we can see the park in the middle of the road is quite wide, ruling out Palm Island. Star Island has the wide park, but it has no side roads, as the one that goes by the driveway of the safehouse (if I'm seeing that correctly). Nothing on Venetian Causeway has a park in the middle of the road. Sunset Island 2 has a short parkway, but the houses don't look right.

Posted: 28 October 2006 at 1:03pm by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by DanJThe shot at 36:14 looks like the same entrance we see at the beginning of "French Twist," albeit from up top rather than from in front. That's at FIU's Bay Vista campus in North Miami. That is interesting dan because last night when I watched that scene I kinda got the feeling it looked like a college campus and I think that you can see the student parking lot in the bg My internet connection went down last night when I was trying to post that but you may very well be right

Posted: 28 October 2006 at 1:15pm by SOFLAJEREMYdanj you are defintely correct. I just google earthed it and found the spot exact match for him driving not under a bridge but out of a building on the campus. Very cool find danj way to go. I will post it when I get home tonight if no one else does first The house however does not appear to be on the campus.

Posted: 28 October 2006 at 1:30pm by airtommyIt's a close match, but not perfect. Things could have changed over the years, though. I guess it's conceivable they used some footage from French Twist, though that was aired 2 episodes later. I doubt they went all the way to the FIU campus just to film this tiny scene.

Posted: 28 October 2006 at 5:25pm by Matt5Originally posted by airtommy.I doubt they went all the way to the FIU campus just to film this tiny scene. I wouldnt rule it out with MV With ref to the F.I.U. Campus Scenes - I noticed on the French Twist script after filming the F.I.U. hospital scenes straight after they were filming "The Fix" game scenes - so its possible they shot "Little Miss Dangerous" scenes at F.I.U. roughly at same time

Posted: 30 October 2006 at 7:57pm by miamijimfThat's really neat that you found the road Tubbs was driving on. I looked at Google Earth and the episode slowed down and it looks like a match to me also. As for the house, it sure looks like the West part of the Gables to me. I'll keep searching Google Earth and let you know if I see anything promising. I'm sure you guys have also but its worth a try. If I find it do I get promoted to Vice Squad Lieutenant? Seriously- thanks for your effort.

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 12:27am by airtommyHey Jim, the more the merrier! The house on the SE corner of Venetia & Country Club Prado is a possibility, if they did a little bit of modification over the years. Nothing on Country Club Prado seems a perfect fit. I found a bunch of streets in north Miami that have these wide medians, so I'm wondering if this could be almost anywhere.

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 8:46pm by miamijimfWatching the episode slowed way down shows aluminum type guard rails leading up to the door as well as a building right next door which looks more like an apartment building or hospital or dormatory than a private home. Consequently I would guess the shots in front of the "Safe House" and the entryway scene were not made at a private home. Hopefully this observation will add something to the search. Nothing like a real mystery to solve- right? Since I spent most of my life in Miami, I have had a couple of ideas for possible locations but have found nothing yet on Google Earth. Will let you know if anything looks promising. Regards,