Episode 39 - Little Miss Dangerous

miamijimf

Posted: 04 December 2006 at 3:24pm by miamijimfLadies and Gentlemen, I'm still looking for the Little Miss Dangerous Safehouse. If you haven't looked at this area already and are interested check out these locations with Google Earth. They are not too far North of Callie's Safehouse. I found a few spots that look like possibilites, but not exactly right. It has been 20 years so a lot could have changed. 1.) around a park like median at the N. end of same Island that has Bal Harbor and 2.) the bottom of the Westernmost Bay Harbor Island. I know you are familiar with the episode but I attached a few stills below so you don't have to watch it again. Not that watching it isn't a good idea. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Posted: 05 December 2006 at 11:50pm by airtommyUnfortunately, I don't see anything in those areas that fits. Near the north end of Bal Harbor is something real close, but the houses are on the wrong side of the street. Unless they reversed the film a la "Calderon's Demise" boat ride, this isn't it. I wouldn't completely rule out one of the islands off MacArthur Causeway, but I don't believe those are it. Right now I'm leaning towards some area on the mainland north of downtown.

Posted: 06 December 2006 at 11:46am by miamijimfairtommy, Thanks for the reply. I hate to give up on anything I start and was basically looking for new ideas about the location. You guys are the experts. I think the house at the corner of Harbour Way West and Bal Cross Drive looks like it faces the right way but the driveway is wrong and you can't see the continuation of Harbour Way West in the still. I have scanned the entire Metro area with Google Earth. Where exactly on the mainland north of downtown are you looking? If anything looks really promising I would consider packing up the kids and driving down to have a look. Later,

Posted: 07 December 2006 at 12:06am by airtommyI was scanning around and found a bunch of medians in an area. An example is the intersection of NE 7th Ave/NE 120th St. I didn't see any specific houses that I thought were it. If anything, this discouraged me, making me think these park medians are too commonplace. One feature I am looking for is that the house across the street (in your first pic) faces the corner and it has a driveway that curves around the corner. I've pretty much given up on this house.

Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:01pm by DanJUnless someone out there has the location sheet, this house is gonna be a tough one. But let's not give up, 'cause we've gotta give miamijimf a chance to keep his promise to visit Miami once this location is dicovered!

Posted: 09 December 2006 at 10:22am by miamijimfThanks a lot DanJ, The house has to be somewhere. It seems unlikely that this upscale neighborhood would change too much. This picture captures my attitude. How far North of Greater Miami did they film, do you know?Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 09 December 2006 at 10:40am by DanJTake a look at "Phil The Shil" for the answer to how far north the MV crew filmed. You'll see Turnberry Isle in Aventura, Galeria Mall in Lauderdale, and a beach house on Hilsboro Mile along the Intracoastal.That picture looks a bit like Tony Arcaro - someone cue up J-50 on the jukebox...Now back to finding that safe house.

Posted: 13 December 2006 at 8:00am by miamijimfDanJ and All, I've Google Earthed the Ft. Lauderdale area for quite a while with no success. Incredible how heavily built up all of S. Florida is these days. There was some earlier speculation in this thread that the interior and exterior scenes were filmed in different locations. It looks to me like at least one of the interior scenes are filmed in the same house that Rico drives up to. If you freeze frame Rico’s first entrance into the house, you can see the house and driveway across the street which look the same. You can see the interior of the house in this frame and the distinctive white railings. At night you can see the stuntman (not Cat) driving the bike up to the door at the same location. You can see the opaque glass blocks both inside and outside. Because of the similarities between the LMD house´s interior and the interiors in Evan/Lend Me An Ear/Honor Among Thieves I looked at these episodes to see if they would provide a clue. No luck but you guys are much more familiar with Vice shooting locations. Have you checked them? Still looking. Regards,

Posted: 13 December 2006 at 10:14pm by airtommyI think you're right - all scenes were filmed at the same house.

15 December 2006 at 9:34pm by miamijimfGentlemen, With the help of Tom71, I believe I have a likely site for the Safehouse. It has been considering as a possibility before: 1727 W 27 Street, Sunset Island 2, Miami Beach (The Safehouse location given on Miamivice.Info) The island does have that distinctive park like median. I believe, as listed on Miamivice.Info, this was where the interior scenes of Lend me an Ear/Honor Among Thieves/Evan, which look so similar, were filmed. If the LMD interior scenes were filmed at the same house that Rico drives up to, it becomes even more likely that the Safehouse bordered on this median. The houses don’t look right but an aerial view is limited and a lot could have changed in 20 years. The pink/red driveway across the street in the scene could be long gone and the traffic pattern could have changed. What do you think? (MB) Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 12:01am by DanJInteresting. Let's analyze this, shall we? First, a Google shot:Eingefügtes BildPicture Legend (Remember, as of this post we are assuming that this is the correct location):Red Arrows: Tubbs' route when we first see him pull up to the house.X: Safe HouseX: House seen in the background, across the street from Safe HouseX: This is the monkey wrench. This house is not seen in this episode. A vacant lot is seen instead.My Spin:The park/median looks right.The house in the southwest corner and its driveway looks right - it appears to be a circular driveway just as in the episode, and it lines up with the safe house driveway, also as in the episode.The house which would be the LMD safe house does not look right. The horseshoe shaped driveway is nowhere to be seen, and there is a gate where there was none in the episode.The house to the east of the safe house most definitely does not look right. As mentioned above, there was a vacant lot in the episode instead of a house.A view from the ground might confirm this to be the right spot. From what I can tell, the southwest corner house may be the best potential matchup. This is because, according to the satellite picture, this house does not appear to have a gate in front of it. Therefore, it is the property of this study to try and match up with the episode visual. The safe house itself looks like it will prove to be difficult or impossible to get a look at, because of the gate in front of it.I will try and go by there soon...

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 12:43am by airtommyGood job, Jim! No doubt about it, it is the same house in LMD and Evan. Watch Evan. As they pull up at 10:30, you can see the exterior, which matches perfectly. Same red/pink door, surrounded by glass bricks. Same horseshoe driveway with tall palm trees and accent lights in the median. In the interior, you can see the same white marble floor. The stairway next to the door is very unique and exactly the same. I'm disappointed that I didn't compare these two eps earlier as Jim had suggested. At 29:30, I just noticed that they end that particular camera shot by closing the blinds. Very weird, makes you feel like a voyeur.

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 2:41am by airtommyOriginally posted by DanJThe house to the east of the safe house most definitely does not look right. As mentioned above, there was a vacant lot in the episode instead of a house.I didn't get that it was a vacant lot on LMD which was filled in after LMD was filmed. That is why I considered Sunset but then didn't take it seriously enough to investigate.

Posted: 17 December 2006 at 10:14pm by miamijimfHi, I looked at Evan and Lend Me An Ear carefully. Here are several stills from Evan and Google Earth which should help identify the house. Eingefügtes BildAbove is a front view. Its shape roughly matches the shape of the house in DanJ’s overhead Google picture below (green X) Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildAbove still looks like other Evan scenes were filmed behind the house as well as inside. The pool is about in the right spot. Check the familiar steps, trees, and white railings. Eingefügtes BildAbove still is a view from what is probably a boat dock behind the house. I found it in Evan by searching slowly. In the far right you can see the SW corner of Sunset Island 1, 195, and buildings on the mainland in the far horizon. Eingefügtes BildThe red line above represents an approximate sight line from the “boat dock†in back of the house. An observer standing there would be able to see the corner of Sunset Is 1, 195, and buildings on the mainland. It matches the camera view in the previous still. Evan is one of my favorite episodes. Even three grand is a good deal for MAC 10s. They start at four these days. In Lend Me An Ear, a season after LMD, the front door is blue, they have planted many trees in the front yard, and you can see a front gate. This scene begins as Sonny and Rico drive into the yard and right before he hassles Dykstra’s new sweeper. It gives you a close up look at the house across the street. I only have it on VHS and can’t make a still. Honor Among Thieves probably has clues also but I can’t find that episode. With all the opaque glass bricks visible in the Vice Headquarters scenes, is it possible that some were filmed in this house? Later, Jim

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 12:45am by airtommyNice screen capture of the driveway and front of the house, Jim. That clearly shows all the details to match up to LMD. Glass bricks are a common touch in art deco. The OCB interior shots were all filmed at the studio. I look forward to watching Lend Me an Ear and many other Season 3/4 episodes in a few months!

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 11:11am by DanJOriginally posted by miamijimfIn Lend Me An Ear, a season after LMD, the front door is blue, they have planted many trees in the front yard, and you can see a front gate. This scene begins as Sonny and Rico drive into the yard and right before he hassles Dykstra’s new sweeper. It gives you a close up look at the house across the street. I only have it on VHS and can’t make a still.Here is a screen capture from "Lend Me An Ear." I believe this is the shot miamijimf is referring to:Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 7:47pm by miamijimfGuys, Yes that's the start of the "Lend Me An Ear" episode I was referring to. Later in the scene you can see the house through the trees. Working on this project has been fun. Thanks for the advice and letting me get take part. Are you convinced that this is the LMD House? I would still like to see what it looks like these days. If anybody gets out there, please take a snapshot or two and put them on the forum. I am hoping to be able to get down to Miami after New Years and will let you know so maybe we can get together for a beer or Cuban coffee. Any other unknown filming site I can look for from Bradenton? Regards, Jim

Posted: 19 December 2006 at 12:11am by airtommyAbsolutely, this is the LMD house. Tom71, next time you have a hunch like this and I ignore it, yell at me to make me pay attention.See the location map for Miami Beach on this website, Snapshot below:Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 19 December 2006 at 6:04pm by airtommySo, the Sunset Islands tally is: Evan Lend Me An Ear Honor Among Thieves Little Miss Dangerous Give a Little, Take a Little Home Invaders Junk Love God's Work Down For The Count

19 December 2006 at 6:10pm by airtommyOriginally posted by miamijimfAny other unknown filming site I can look for from Bradenton?I'm stuck on the driving scene in Tale of the Goat. The mystery building at 32:15 seems to be the key to this puzzle. See my December 9th post here.

Posted: 20 December 2006 at 5:03pm by Tom71BTW guys, there is another house that has a similar interior look as the Sunset Island home discussed above. I´m talking about Brenda´s house in "Nobody lives forever", which was also seen in "Shadow in the Dark" at the end when Crockett busts the stalker. At first, I thought this house is the same as in "Lend me an ear", "Evan", etc. but later I realized it has just a similar white art deco look interior. I never managed to find that house, but maybe you buffs got a clue...

Posted: 20 December 2006 at 7:37pm by airtommyI looked at NLF when we were discussing this house. Unfortunately, they don't give any exterior clues at all (in contrast to LMD). I am waiting for March 2007 to start delving into Season 3 eps like Shadow In The Dark. I have it on tape, but I prefer to work with DVDs.

Posted: 21 December 2006 at 6:50pm by SOFLAJEREMYBRILLIANT! I have been tied up for a while and come back to see some incredible detective work has been done.