Episode 39 - Little Miss Dangerous

miamijimf

Posted: 22 December 2006 at 7:28am by Matt5with regards to "NLF " House - Ive been looking at that too and it was used as said in "Shadow in the Dark" now I am convinced there is a number of the house on one of them eps which we can dig up. SoflaJeremy is back!

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 12:06am by simkingKnock Knock..hello we want to use your house to flim some epicodes of miami vice,is that ok?..Thinking for 1mili sec...HELL YA

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 8:33am by miamijimfYa, I was living in Miami from 84 to 86. If they had asked to use my house, I would have said, Ya! give me a minute to throw out the old lady, furniture, kids, dogs etc.

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:48pm by Pinkflamingo0SAFE HOUSE ADDRESS IS:Raig Residence 1727 west 27th StreetSunset Island #2Miami Beach,FL 33139 I own the script... I also own the script for "Payback" and "The Fix".

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 2:32am by Tom71I don´t wanna sound bloated, but I my belly feeling directed me in the right direction in the first place

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 10:20am by Matt5Great Find - thanks for location scans Pinkflamingo - any chance of scanning "Payback" and "The Fix " also .

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 1:07pm by Pinkflamingo0Originally posted by MATT5Great Find - thanks for location scans Pinkflamingo - any chance of scanning "Payback" and "The Fix " also . Probably tonight MATT5.

Posted: 22 December 2007 at 8:39am by DanJPerhaps the most evasive location from this episode is Cat's apartment. We see a shot of it early on, then the same shot with Cat standing at the rail of the balcony near the end.Miamijimf did some sleuthing and came up with the location. He was kind enough to share it with me so I could go take some pictures. Here is a re-creation of the view we see in the episode: Eingefügtes BildClick On Picture to EnlargeThe building has changed a bit (Or was the building changed for filming? Hmm...). The yellow windows are not yellow (Probably yellow gels and backlighting for the episode), nor are the window frames painted black. Also, there is a spiral staircase barely visible on the side of the building. It was painted red in the episode, today it is white.This location is on 11th Street between Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue on Miami Beach, adjacent to an alley which is very likely the alley we see Cat walking in elsewhere in the episode. It was probably a hotel or apartment building originally, but today it is a Tattoo parlor - or at least the ground floor is. The name of the place is Electric Tattooing By Emerson Forth.Here is a wide shot of the building:Eingefügtes BildClick On Picture to EnlargeThe signage on the second story suggests the building is for sale. Who wants to own a piece of MV history?SIDEBAR: The building is on the south side of the street. To the left, or east, we see another building. This is one of the many buildings along Ocean Drive. There is an episode of Burn Notice that was shot there. If I recall correctly, it is the episode where Fiona goes bounty hunting and she chases her subject down the street here.

Posted: 02 January 2008 at 1:25pm by airtommyWhen Jackie takes her first "John" into the Henrosa Hotel, Cat is outside across the street looking up waiting for her. Behind him is a laundromat/video arcade. Was that scene filmed across from the Henrosa, and is that building still there? Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 03 January 2008 at 8:51am by Matt5Originally posted by airtommyWhen Jackie takes her first "John" into the Henrosa Hotel, Cat is outside across the street looking up waiting for her. Behind him is a laundromat/video arcade. Was that scene filmed across from the Henrosa, and is that building still there? It looks like it was filmed across the street from The Henrosa - the building is still there but is not a laundromat/arcade but a restaurant I believe

Posted: 03 January 2008 at 1:29pm by airtommyIt's possible that they filmed those clips at the same time they filmed Cat's other street footage, so they might have chosen some place convenient. There's a place called "Clean Machine Laundry" at 226 12th Street, which is close to Cat's apartment.

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 6:17pm by miamijimfOriginally posted by airtommyWhen Jackie takes her first "John" into the Henrosa Hotel, Cat is outside across the street looking up waiting for her. Behind him is a laundromat/video arcade. Was that scene filmed across from the Henrosa, and is that building still there? airtommy, I finally got around to looking into your question. From what I can see from the below MS Streetview captures of the building directly across from the Henrosa, the scene could have filmed in front of the same building. If it is the same it has had some exterior changes. What looks similar are the partitions or front facing that separates the parts of the building. Their width looks about the same. Also you can faintly make out facing blocks in the Streetview capture and can see them clearly in the LMD capture showing Cat standing around. In the LMD capture it looks like a liquor store to the right of Cat which could still be there because the second Streetview capture shows bars on the window of the corner store. It really is hard to tell for sure with poor photos. A visit to the site might solve the problem. I know things are never what they seem on TV but it's logical that they filmed Cat across the street because you next see him walking into the Henrosa.

06 January 2008 at 6:24pm by Matt5yeah, Miamijimf I agree- I think it is the same building just been completely remodelled . I have visited the site and linked the restaurant above with the old laundrette/coin machine building from "Little Miss Dangerous".

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 7:05pm by miamijimfThanks for the confirmation Matt5. You guys have been at this longer than I have. What convinced you it was the same building, the facing blocks, liquor store?

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 10:30pm by Matt5For me - I always suspected it was the same building Miamijimf . But your photos confirmed it for me with the angle of the window/blocks etc. One of the Location experts , such as airtommy or soflajeremy , may also confirm on seeing your photos You have done some great work on the locations of "Little Miss Dangerous", Miamijimf , particularly finding Cat's apartment

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 9:41am by DanJTo get a different perspective on Cat's corner, have a look at the Pilot episode at 1:17:20. It is the scene where Tubbs is confronted by Trini De Soto in the alley. This is the same location. As the scene starts we see Tubbs walking in front of the building. The window signage suggests the establishment's name was Florida Restaurant.As Tubbs walks past the building we see the video game machines (The first machine is a Pac-Man in the pilot, but in LMD there are different video games visible.), the laundry and a restaurant. As he reaches the end of the building and turns into the alley, the number 1438 is visible, making the address 1438 Collins Avenue.

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 1:00pm by Timm525I watched this one again last night. I thought Jackie was selling herself a little short. Even for 80's pricing. She told Cat that she had the first guy, the sailor, up to 90 bucks. Then later the guy in the car said 100 bucks and she could be jumping jack flash in the back seat. Seems to me, she could have gotten a lot more even back then. But then again, maybe my pimp rates are a bit off. Sadly that's not my area of expertise.

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 4:02pm by miamijimfDanJ, Thanks, a neat view of the building. Man, that's a lot of hookers on Collins Ave. I don't remember that many. timm525, Your right, that is cheap. I would have paid at least $125.

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 6:14pm by Matt5So Miamijimf looks like you were right 1438 Collins - opposite the Henrosa @1435 Collins. Very Interesting about the Pilot from DanJ

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 6:51pm by miamijimfOriginally posted by MATT5Very Interesting about the Pilot from DanJ Definately. I didn't realize they had used that location before.

Posted: 12 January 2008 at 12:09am by airtommyI just watched the scene in the pilot, I love it, great detective work!