Episode 39 - Little Miss Dangerous

miamijimf

• 4 months later...

I just added a Zee map to my LMD web page.  It includes all the key filming locations in LMD in order of their first appearance in the episode.  Zee maps is easy to work with and free.  I tried to include on each marker the background music, a photo and or a video from the scene filmed at that location.  Thanks to Bilders for bringing up Zee maps and thanks to Nofretz for some of the music.  Just click on the link at the bottom of this post and then on the link between the stars.  Comments/etc are welcome.  I know I have work to do on page 1 of my web page (Fiona's singing/acting career).

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

I just added a Zee map to my LMD web page.  It includes all the key filming locations in LMD in order of their first appearance in the episode.  Zee maps is easy to work with and free.  I tried to include on each marker the background music, a photo and or a video from the scene filmed at that location.  Thanks to Bilders for bringing up Zee maps and thanks to Nofretz for some of the music.  Just click on the link at the bottom of this post and then on the link between the stars.  Comments/etc are welcome.  I know I have work to do on page 1 of my web page (Fiona's singing/acting career).

Marvellous contribution Jim as always from you . Thankyou . :D  :fireworks:

• 1 year later...

When Jackie is walking along a street and reluctantly picks up a "john" (whose car is later set on fire), you can see the Penguin Hotel in the background. This is on Ocean Drive in South Beach.

http://www.penguinsouthbeach.com/

Penguin.png

This hotel was renovated on the TV show "Hotel Impossible" (Season 1, Episode 2):

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/hotel-impossible/episodes/the-penguin-hotel-south-beach-fl

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2326623/

If you dig around on the Internet, you should be able to find the full episode of "Hotel Impossible" available for viewing.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

What's goin on with Jerry's Famous Deli (Sex World in LMD), alias Hoffman's Cafeteria etc etc?  I've heard it has been closed for over a year.  I heard Jerry's sold out to a Tex-Mex place Senor Frog, but that was almost 2 years ago.  mvnyc - you still live in the S. Fla area right?  Thanks.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

What's goin on with Jerry's Famous Deli (Sex World in LMD), alias Hoffman's Cafeteria etc etc?  I've heard it has been closed for over a year.  I heard Jerry's sold out to a Tex-Mex place Senor Frog, but that was almost 2 years ago.  mvnyc - you still live in the S. Fla area right?  Thanks.

Wow closed for over a year ?!

• Like 1

Please disregard my previous post.  Senor Frogs is open.  It was closed temporarily for painting which may explain the misunderstanding.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Please disregard my previous post.  Senor Frogs is open.  It was closed temporarily for painting which may explain the misunderstanding.

Thanks for clearing that up Jim- shame Jerry's gone though:D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

Jerry's as it is currently

IMG_1286.JPG

Thanks for the photo, nice pastel.  I'm sure it will do OK because of the location but Tex-Mex on SoBe doesn't seem right.

• Like 2

I agree Jim - but building looks nicely preserved:D

I loved the old deli's - Pumperniks and the other Jerry's up in Collins - both gone

• Like 2

I'm glad we went there when we did,Jim! :) I had to look up this Tex-Mex Frog place because I had NEVER heard of it and it doesnt look like I will be dining there, but at least the building looks good! 

Edited by MV86
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

On this day 33 years ago, Don Johnson’s birthday, they were filming this fine episode. I was watching this episode last night and Larry Joshua as Cat & Fiona Flanagan as Jackie were so fine in their starring roles which were sizeable roles.

The Anchor Hotel was featured heavily in this episode at 1587 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach - I don’t think the whole building was demolised as the interior is exactly the same as today. So part of this rooftop used in this episode is still there along with the rooftop in the Art Deco Market a few blocks away at 1435 Washington/ Collins Court. :hippie: @miamijimf

556F0A7B-E1AC-49E6-926F-FE6A08A4ED75.jpeg

1DF084F8-817D-4D9A-A9C7-CFA1B3136C0B.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

The Anchor Hotel was featured heavily in this episode at 1587 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach - I don’t think the whole building was demolised as the interior is exactly the same as today. So part of this rooftop used in this episode is still there along with the rooftop in the Art Deco Market a few blocks away at 1435 Washington/ Collins Court. :hippie:

For those who don't know, they preserved the Anchor Hotel mostly but they actually moved it.   16th Street originally stopped at Washington Avenue.  At some point after LMD was filmed, they extended 16th St through to Collins Ave.  The road goes right over the ground where the Anchor Hotel stood.

https://www.ruskinarc.com/mdpl/mb/7640-1587 Washington Ave/view

• Like 4

That's correct airtommy.  That web site is a great resource.  The lobby is the only part of the old Anchor Hotel that is original.  You can see round porthole type windows on the side that shows they have tried to keep the nautical theme and of course there is a reproduction of the hotel sign.   The lobby has been occupied by several unsuccessful businesses but is apparently now closed.  Here's a shot of me in the lobby when it was a gift shop.

Capture.JPG

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great airtommy and Jim - interesting how they moved the Anchor which means the Vemar market seen in this episode still stands in its original spot ( and is still Vemar market today).

It was painful to watch "Florence Italy" after "LMD" the other evening ... "Little Miss Dangerous" is far superior in every way. Larry Joshua does a stand out job in this one as Cat and he gets the starring role alongside Fiona Flanagan as Jackie. @miamijimf

Edited by Matt5

Great lobby pic Jim in the Anchor lobby from this fine episode, here are some I took a number of years ago before the business closed and the interior is now empty(as of 2017).

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

• Like 3

A current day aerial looking south down Ocean Drive over 1455 Ocean Dr, Il Villagio condo unit (car burn scene) and looking lower right of Ocean Drive (the buildings we see behind Jackie).  Of course just out of this picture at 15th Street and Ocean we see the end of the teaser in Season 5s “Hard Knocks”.

B49A8B6C-66AF-4E5C-9603-5B2ECECE079D.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

On 12/16/2018 at 10:01 AM, Matt5 said:

Great airtommy and Jim - interesting how they moved the Anchor which means the Vemar market seen in this episode still stands in its original spot ( and is still Vemar market today).

I just studied this scene and here's what I see:  Vemar Market was right next to the Anchor lobby and directly underneath the 2nd level rooms.

vemar1.png.9ff0b638bbdc800d0334f967197036d1.png  vemar2.png.1acc968501935f9983dba3e1544135d1.png

That's exactly where 16th Street now goes.  The Vemar Market of today is located in a completely different building than before, about half a block down from the old location.

• blue = Anchor Hotel / Vemar Market in 1986
  • red = Vemar Market today

vemar3.png.38ff1424feeb732b7995979e547ef17c.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, airtommy said:

I just studied this scene and here's what I see:  Vemar Market was right next to the Anchor lobby and directly underneath the 2nd level rooms.

vemar1.png.9ff0b638bbdc800d0334f967197036d1.png  vemar2.png.1acc968501935f9983dba3e1544135d1.png

That's exactly where 16th Street now goes.  The Vemar Market of today is located in a completely different building than before, about half a block down from the old location.

• blue = Anchor Hotel / Vemar Market in 1986
  • red = Vemar Market today

vemar3.png.38ff1424feeb732b7995979e547ef17c.png

Great airtommy.

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

And the current day front of the safehouse, 1727 West 27th Street, Sunset Is, Miami Beach.

998E4458-9ABE-4F84-B861-6C8B24A94101.jpeg

Unfortunately the interior has been remodeled and the original ornate staircase changed.

48 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Unfortunately the interior has been remodeled and the original ornate staircase changed.

Shame Jim - Im sure Cat damaged that front door with his motorbike too. :)

• Like 1