Crockett's Testarossa...Black or White?

codemaster94

Crockett's Testarossa...Black or White?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Crockett's Testarossa...Black or White?

• Black from "When Irish Eyes Are Crying"
    • White from "Stone's War" and onward
    • Not sure, the decision is too hard!
    • Both look good on any day!

Its’ Miami, it’s the 80’s, white for a TR just seems like a match as to what a drug dealer like Burnett would have. Everybody had red and Black seem too drab for the flash Burnett would want. Maybe Yellow would be too much, but regardless of it showing up better at night. A White TR of that style to me seems a perfect fit for the Burnett character.

6 hours ago, codemaster94 said:

The Daytona was way too cramped and would've probably driven Crockett and Tubbs nuts. I didn't get to sit in the Testarossa, but it's way too low. It's about as tall as my waistline and I'm 5'10"!

Try being 6'2" 205 and doing 120-mile each way trips in LA to Palm Springs and back in traffic 2 times a month. My back still hurts and that was 25+ years ago.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, king77 said:

Try being 6'2" 205 and doing 120-mile each way trips in LA to Palm Springs and back in traffic 2 times a month. My back still hurts and that was 25+ years ago.

Was it worth it?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb codemaster94:

I don't know how loose it is in a Daytona replica, but in the for real GTB/4 Daytona Coupe, it was very small. Sitting in it was fine. It was the getting out part that I had my trouble. I'm a pretty skinny 200lb 5'10" guy and I had trouble getting in and out (moreso out because of my long legs).

I think (old) Ferraris in general have a reputation for being difficult to climb into and for not being overly spacious inside. You also hear that pedals are very small and in unusual positions.

Has to do with the philosophy, I guess... it just isn't your station wagon that you go grocery shopping in or take the kids to school with... :) Ferraris are sports cars through and through. Built to drive fast and look immensely cool doing it, and not much else...

I'm about 6'1 with very long legs, so I imagine I would struggle as well. It's hard enough getting inside and back out of my MG, which always requires half-contorting my legs in a very particular way... :p

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I do like the color combination also. Didn't know the Testa came in that shade. Wow, the price seems a bit up there from what I would expect.

Blu Serra is a real nice color for a non-vice car. :thumbsup:

it's a great looking car and would look good in any color. i think the testarossa is the first time i can remember a flashy car in white though.

18 hours ago, codemaster94 said:

Was it worth it?

It's like anything else, initially it was awesome. And short drives it was always awesome. But on long drives, over and over eventually it becomes a car with little leg room in the drivers side, seats that were not very adjustable and a suspension that felt every bump on the freeways.

Having said that, I would do it again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, king77 said:

It's like anything else, initially it was awesome. And short drives it was always awesome. But on long drives, over and over eventually it becomes a car with little leg room in the drivers side, seats that were not very adjustable and a suspension that felt every bump on the freeways.

Having said that, I would do it again.

Which car are you referring to?

Edit: sorry wrong thread :)

What year and color was (is?) your TR?

Edited by Dadrian

12 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Which car are you referring to?

Edit: sorry wrong thread :)

What year and color was (is?) your TR?

I don't know how loose it is in a Daytona replica, but in the for real GTB/4 Daytona Coupe, it was very small. Sitting in it was fine. It was the getting out part that I had my trouble. I'm a pretty skinny 200lb 5'10" guy and I had trouble getting in and out (moreso out because of my long legs).

It's hard keeping up with multiple threads of the same things, isn't it Dadrian haha! 

5 hours ago, codemaster94 said:

It's hard keeping up with multiple threads of the same things, isn't it Dadrian haha! 

My question/quote was for @king77 :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Dadrian said:

@Prova85 Care comment on this "monthly cost" info? I need a goal :)

I can tell you that the costs in the post you quoted are way over the top. In the 13yrs I've had mine I've put in $23k and that includes all repairs in that time, a belt service and some restorative work.  They're not cheap to own but you also don't have to be a CEO to have one either. My car has also more than doubled in value since I've owned it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Prova85 said:

I can tell you that the costs in the post you quoted are way over the top. In the 13yrs I've had mine I've put in $23k and that includes all repairs in that time, a belt service and some restorative work.  They're not cheap to own but you also don't have to be a CEO to have one either. My car has also more than doubled in value since I've owned it.

THANK YOU!!

• 2 months later...

I had a black '88 Beretta GT back in the mid nineties in the Sarasota/Manatee area.  It was a nightmare in the FL sun.  The interior was a maroon and between that and the black, it would get so hot inside you couldn't sit in it or hold the steering wheel.  Definitely white in FL, and always try to park facing north east with that black steering wheel to keep it shaded.  At night tho, the black is awesome but really stealthy.  :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

we need to choose a color for an undercover cop, or for our personal car. for Burnett, and 80s undercover cop that often goes into the narco's world you can't beat the 'pure' white IMO. for myself if i own a Testarossa someday i think i'll repaint it in pale blue. a slightly greenish blue. dark metallic blue is a color that fits with any luxury car. my dad owned a dark blue 280 SE in the 80s, and the car looked gorgeous. found a pic of it (bad quality. it's polaroid)

31516_402044020679_84403_n.jpg?oh=7374ef