Stars of the Opening Sequence

airtommy

I found this article about the stars of the opening sequence with Jan Hammer's famous Miami Vice theme music in the background.  Or maybe the Hammer music is the star and the people are the background?  :)  I digress ...

http://previously.tv/miami-vice/stars-of-the-miami-vice-opening-credits-where-are-they-now/

The article is satirical, so I assumed all of the info was false.  However, I can confirm that at least one part is true.  The Jai Alai guy is in fact Elorrio.  This is from a 1987 newspaper article:

"Although they may not realize it, millions of Americans watch Elorrio play jai-alai every week. And the national TV ''star'' will be displaying his skill at the Orlando Seminole Fronton when it opens its first summer season Wednesday. Why have more Americans seen Elorrio than any other jai-alai player in the world? Because he is seen for a second or two each week on the opening shots of Miami Vice. Elorrio, 34, is shown serving at the Miami Jai-alai Fronton, where he has been a star since he moved there from Tampa in 1980."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1987-06-09/sports/0130350037_1_jai-alai-seminole-fronton

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 4

Fun stories in the first article, made me laugh. 

I always wondered, who these people actually were in the sequences and where the shots were taken from. Interesting reading about the Jai Alai player! :cool:

10 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Very shocking to see the 2 bum girls now! :eek:    They're pretty but they've been eating too much of that cake. :p

Amazing what 30+ years will do to a body!

• 6 years later...