Edward James Olmos Sons of Anarchy

Miami Vice 1984

From ign and various sources on the Internet BY ALEX GILYADOV  FX has cast the first star for its upcoming Sons of Anarchy spinoff, Mayans MC.

TVLine reports Edward James Olmos, best known for his role as William Adama in Battlestar Galactica, has signed on to play one of the main roles in Mayans MC.

Olmos will portray Felipe, the father of main character EZ Reyes and someone who struggle to keep his family away from a life of crime and keep his past hidden. No release date has been set yet for the series.

Mayans MC takes place in a "post-Jax Teller world." It centers around EZ Reyes and his thirst for retribution against the cartel. Kurt Sutter, who created Sons of Anarchy and wrote, directed, and acted in quite a few episodes of the show, is back to direct the pilot of Mayans MC, which he wrote as well with the help of Elgin James. Production is set to begin this coming March.

• Like 2

"Sons Of Anarchy" was a good show...until Ron Perelman's character was killed off, then it became all about Jax, which was when the show jumped the shark for me. Looking forward to seeing Olmos back on television. 

My wife watched Sons. Being a MV fan, she is glad about the EJO announcement. I will definitely check it out. He was great on Dexter, too. 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Remington said:

I'm a huge SOA fan. Really hyped for the spinoff. Olmos is a big reason I am.

I must catch it :hippie:

• Like 1