PIZZA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

What is YOUR very favorite PIZZA?A family owned place?A major chain?A certain variety?I understand that not all Pizza places are everywhere. Some on the west coast don't exist on the east and "VICE" versa. Some in Europe don't exist in the U.S., and also "VICE" versa.Mine is a West Coast chain called, ROUND TABLE PIZZA. My favorite is a combination called, KING ARTHUR SUPREME.What's YOUR favorite, or favorites? (It will be nice to hear from those outside the U.S. too)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• cageyJG

• Richie Rich

Coop, you are a genius! This could be the best thread of the century. (need special awards for these types):clap::clap: But I love Digiorno pizzas and My Ma's homemade pizzas. I like pizzas with everything on them.

Guest The Talk

For those people on the other side of the pond:KING ARTHUR SUPREME - name for the combination (of toppings I guess)Digiorno pizzasSbarro pizzaAre these names for the combination too, or for the manufacturer (major chain?)?

Let's have the recipe!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Gotcha! ;):dance2:

I realize I'm new here, but you guys are nuts if you list off Mall Pizza and chain pizza restaurants and call them "good" :PI think its different in the NorthEast where "mom and pops pizza shops" are the norm. I know other states don't have any of that, and all you can get are pizza shops that load them up with frozen, salted "sauce" and frozen, salted toppings. For example, in Texas there are lots of mom-and-pops BBQ places. You can't find one in the NorthEast :)The best pizza is the place down the street from me.....thin crust, fresh toppings, lots of choices. Bianca is nice which is spinich, garlic, and instead of red sauce you get ricotta. I also like their simple buffalo chicken pizza, and of course the "staples" of like...mushroom, onion and meatball..etc.I can eat a bunch of pizza there and still taste other food. After 2 slices of Pizza Hut, I feel like I've consumed about a pound of salt and can't taste anything except the over-salted toppings :p

New York style thin crust pizza from lots of "pizza place down the street" just about anywhere in Brooklyn (not the franchise chain restaurants). Now that's living.

The best pizza I ever had was from a place called Two Italians & A Pizza Shop - astoundingly good, and yet, they didn't last very long. I can only think it was location (which wasn't that bad anyway), because it couldn't have been the food.That said, aside from local places (Rassici's & Rocco's are pretty good), I actually love Domino's. Maybe I just want to avoid the Noid. Either way, if I'm going national chain, 9 times out of ten I'll go Domino's.

Let's have the recipe!

O.K. Timm525, looks like were call'in you out.If your mak'in your own, you must know something!

Being my favorite food is PIZZA, I eat it very often. However, they are getting more, and more expensive, so I have gone to PAPA MURPHYS frequently now. Not because it's the best pizza out there, but because it's dirt cheap, and it's good. (I add my own extra cheese before I bake it.)MOUNTAIN MIKES is another chain here that makes pretty good Pizza. Personally, I don't care for pineapple on my Pizza, but I know there are plenty of people who do.Does ANYONE want Anchovies on thier Pizza anymore? No fish will ever touch MY Pizza!

Well up here in the Great White North we have some American Chains as well as the local privately owned joints.I would have to say that Pizza Huts famous "Canadian" with "Stuffed Crust" (that would be lots of Mozzerella cheeze in the crust) is my favourite. The second might be the hawiian with pineapple bits on it?As for the mom and pop joints, there is Pretzy's Pizza owned by a family in a small town in Ontario, Only one store and excellent!So the major chains may not have it all sewn up you know?????????Pizza is as different as the locals they come from. I visited Columbus Ohio last year and went to a Pizza place (forgot the name) but the crust was as thin as a CD rom! Excellent toppings and very good too! I have never seen another pizza place that had a crust so thin?!?

• Administrators
Being my favorite food is PIZZA' date=' I eat it very often. However, they are getting more, and more expensive, so I have gone to PAPA MURPHYS frequently now. Not because it's the best pizza out there, but because it's dirt cheap, and it's good. (I add my own extra cheese before I bake it.)MOUNTAIN MIKES is another chain here that makes pretty good Pizza. Personally, I don't care for pineapple on my Pizza, but I know there are plenty of people who do.Does ANYONE want Anchovies on thier Pizza anymore? No fish will ever touch MY Pizza![/quote']Yep, some places are charging almost 20 bucks for a pie. That is why I started making my own. I might have about 2-3 bucks in ingredients for mine.

well where i come fffffrom there is a place called dominos iccedlty i had pizz a from pizza hunt i think mum and me got food posioning:baby2::hot::freeze::easter::xmas::cake:

Leonardo, Raffaello, Donatello, Michelangelo… come here, there’s pizza, pizza, PIZZA!Yes, I could be the fifth Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle because I adore pizza.As you all can imagine, here we don’t have many chain pizza stores, there’s “Tipico†which is a home delivery but their pizza is not good. We have pizzerie that are family run and they make delicious pizza. All Italians agree that pizza has to be baked in a wood oven because it gives a heavenly taste. In any case don’t expect to have thick pizza with endless toppings because the rule is “less is moreâ€.The most classic and popular is Margherita (tomato sauce, mozzarella and fresh basil leaves) and it’s also the one that reveals whether it’s good or not because with no toppings you can really tell the quality of the pizza base.Another favourite of mine is cooked ham and mushrooms or the famous Quattro Stagioni (Four Seasons) which, among the classic pizzas, is the one with the most amount of toppings.To reassure C&B yes, we still WANT anchovies on our pizza. We call it Napoli and it has the same base as Margherita with anchovies substituting basil and with the addition of oregano.I usually make pizza myself at home, but I love to eat it out with friends although now pizzerie have become expensive.In Italy you can find a large selection of frozen pizza that are really good and definitely handy when I’m not in the mood for cooking. I sometimes buy a small-sized one, throw it in the microwave (heresy!) and then eat it, sitting on the couch watching MV dvd! Honestly I’m not really into pizza when I’m abroad, unless of course I come across a pizzeria that resembles an Italian one, so I don’t really like foreign pizza; furthermore I can have pizza as many times as I want at home so when I’m abroad I like to try typical food. The only exception is Pizza Hut’s Super Supreme which I literally adore after I first ate it in UK. I wouldn’t define it a pizza, it’s a base with an array of toppings, so different from the Italian one that’s probably why I love it.Every time I have the chance I eat it, of course if I don’t have a date cause Super Supreme leaves you with a deadly breath! That’s all from Pizza’s home country, forgive me for the lengthy post, but I’m going for lunch break now and I’m quite hungry!

THANK YOU for the post PANDINA. I found it extremely informative! (Not to mention a fun read)Americans generally do NOT want anchovies on Pizza.You are correct in everything you wrote. ITALIANs traditionally do go for the LESS IS MORE, which is healthier, and it's how Pizza was originally created in ITALY.For Americans, unfortunately, BIGGER IS BETTER seems to be the trend. Many people love lots of topings on thier pizza. Pepperoni, three cheeses, bell peppers, black olives, ground beef, mushrooms, sausage etc. Some want thick crust, others thin. Then theres pan or deep dish pizza, NEW YORK style, CHIGAGO style, etc. I've eaten was that was unusual, but very good. It was made from a corn meal crust. It was a deep dish style Pizza, but the place has people lining up for these Pizzas.I've had Pizza in a wood oven before and it's wonderful. Most places don't have wood stoves here, some places have it, but most are special Pizza ovens.It's been a while now since I've had it, but has anybody had STRAW HAT Pizza?I miss SHAKEY'S PIZZA very much.

Yep' date=' some places are charging almost 20 bucks for a pie. That is why I started making my own. I might have about 2-3 bucks in ingredients for mine.[/quote']OK, that's two. Now where is it?

I bought two family sized pizzas tonight from PAPA MURPHYS.I had a too good to be true coupon from a coupon book that has great deals on all sorts of local restaurants and businesses.The one I used was buy any family sized pizza, and get a second family size pizza of equal or lesser value for free. The combo pizza was only $12.00.Let's see, Dinner, Lunch, Dinner and lunch again for only $12.00? That breaks down to about $3.00 a meal. Not too shabby.

My mum usually makes homemade pizza, being on Weight Watchers and all. If we buy pizza its from Pizza Hut. Stuffed crust...

Unfortunately, here in the UK, we don't really get good pizza generally. You really need to search around - but there are one or two places that serve thin base and large USA size pizzas.I went to Boston once and had thin base and large size pizza - three of us shared one pizza and still couldn't finish it! It was in the North End (Hanover Street), where there's lots of Italians and Italian restaurant - I love that place and wish I could go again!!! Can't remember the name, but I'm pretty sure I could find the exact place if I were in the area.

I think the point I was trying to make was that pizzas should be of thin base, and be large!!! And of course little topping, made by Italians!