Zito's Death

Assasinge

26 minutes ago, apocalypse said:

At least Sonny had a few flashbacks of Caitlin in Burnett trilogy. But I don't recall her being mentioned anywhere after her death. It was weird.

Caitlin was at least once mentioned by Rico in "Too Much Too Late" when Sonny tried to stop Rico to marry Valery.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, apocalypse said:

There are very few references to any of the old episodes, anywhere. 

Same actors a lot but they never played their previous role.

Lombard was the only "comeback crook" (I think) in the later seasons.

I recall Stan said to Rico in some episode "Do you think it wasn't bad enough for me to lose Larry. But I didn't quit". Can't remember where it was though... maybe in Red Tape when Rico was "quitting".

But other than that, they never mentioned Zito even once. They never mention the previous characters, either. Not even Hackman after he was killed. At least Sonny had a few flashbacks of Caitlin in Burnett trilogy. But I don't recall her being mentioned anywhere after her death. It was weird.

Yes your right, it was Red Tape that had the Larry mention. He was also subtle mentiones of Larry in both “Death And The Lady” with a snowglobe reference and in “Child’s Play” when Sonny stops himself from saying Larry’s name to Rico.

I mean technically you would have to include Hackman and Mosca in the comeback crook category since they both returned. There really should of been mentions of Fuentes or Grocero in the later seasons but no. One downside to Vice is they didn’t play around with their old history that much which leaves loads of missed opportunities. 

Edited by Miami Beau
  • Like 3

On 9/12/2022 at 7:36 AM, Miami Beau said:

Yes your right, it was Red Tape that had the Larry mention. He was also subtle mentiones of Larry in both “Death And The Lady” with a snowglobe reference and in “Child’s Play” when Sonny stops himself from saying Larry’s name to Rico.

I mean technically you would have to include Hackman and Mosca in the comeback crook category since they both returned. There really should of been mentions of Fuentes or Grocero in the later seasons but no. One downside to Vice is they didn’t play around with their old history that much which leaves loads of missed opportunities. 

I think at least part of this ties into the show's emphasis on visuals and production style as opposed to plotting. After all, Mann did go on to do a serious linked show with Crime Story, so he could do them. I just don't think he wanted to with Vice, and that carried over to Dick Wolf and his successors. Once Yerkovich left there wasn't really anyone in the higher chain who approached the show that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

I think at least part of this ties into the show's emphasis on visuals and production style as opposed to plotting. After all, Mann did go on to do a serious linked show with Crime Story, so he could do them. I just don't think he wanted to with Vice, and that carried over to Dick Wolf and his successors. Once Yerkovich left there wasn't really anyone in the higher chain who approached the show that way.

Great summary Robbie, I agree. It is a shame though, guess we can be grateful we got at least a few returns a long the way.

• Thanks 1