Happy Birthday cageyJG

Victor

Happy Birthday, Cagey JG!  Hope you're having a great day in a place where the water's warm and the drinks are cold!

birthday10.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gimme some dat cake!  Thanks for starting the topic Victor and thanks, everyone.  TU also to Tony D. who let me know this was here.  Everyone appreciates hearing HB. 

I want to say I regret neglecting my Vice brothers and sisters for so long.  When I came aboard in 2002, I'd just bought my first PC and was testing out Googling.  At the time I'd just started living in Maryland and a new career.  Hungry for nostalgia to take me away, I looked up Vice.  Mind you, this was before it was easy to listen to entire soundtracks and episodes on YouTube, etc.  The people here were all really cool. I did chat parties, trivia, jumped in on episode reviews and liked to talk about the music, especially the whole six degrees of separation thing between the various bands.  The '80s were a great time to be alive.  I sometimes wonder what it would've been like to be an adult during the time, with all the glamour and excess, not to mention the optimism and exuberance.  Things were different then.  Better?  Maybe so.  That's another topic.

This year, I went to a German restaurant with my loved ones.  Also went to look for old antiques, found a pretty ballsy 100 year old treasure chest type box wrapped in iron but didn't plunk down any cash.  I didn't ask for any gifts and just going out alone was good enough for me. I had lunch off of my ceremonial meal tray and celebrated with lots of goofy little traditions.  Anyway, that's that.  Hope Coop is still running around or are we going to have another Missing Hours on our hands?

Salud,

Cagey 

• Like 2

On 14/03/2017 at 2:19 AM, Tony D. said:

Happy Birthday, cageyJG....wherever you are. ?(

I didn't see your name on the birthday calendar.

Hope you had a good day Casey!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cageyJG said:

Gimme some dat cake!  Thanks for starting the topic Victor and thanks, everyone.  TU also to Tony D. who let me know this was here.  Everyone appreciates hearing HB. 

I want to say I regret neglecting my Vice brothers and sisters for so long.  When I came aboard in 2002, I'd just bought my first PC and was testing out Googling.  At the time I'd just started living in Maryland and a new career.  Hungry for nostalgia to take me away, I looked up Vice.  Mind you, this was before it was easy to listen to entire soundtracks and episodes on YouTube, etc.  The people here were all really cool. I did chat parties, trivia, jumped in on episode reviews and liked to talk about the music, especially the whole six degrees of separation thing between the various bands.  The '80s were a great time to be alive.  I sometimes wonder what it would've been like to be an adult during the time, with all the glamour and excess, not to mention the optimism and exuberance.  Things were different then.  Better?  Maybe so.  That's another topic.

This year, I went to a German restaurant with my loved ones.  Also went to look for old antiques, found a pretty ballsy 100 year old treasure chest type box wrapped in iron but didn't plunk down any cash.  I didn't ask for any gifts and just going out alone was good enough for me. I had lunch off of my ceremonial meal tray and celebrated with lots of goofy little traditions.  Anyway, that's that.  Hope Coop is still running around or are we going to have another Missing Hours on our hands?

Salud,

Cagey 

COOP is harder to track down than you were........but he said he would be back eventually.  I hope he comes back soon, we all miss his interesting Miami Vice discussions.

Matt, thanks.  Tony told me I should update my profile and I dun figgered it out.

Tony, I'm sure Coop isn't far off.  And now I'm reminded we once said we were going to have a vice boat party in SoCal someday. Not sure if it'll ever happen.

Speaking of boats: My dream is to someday own a houseboat. That's about it.  This was a big milestone b-day (over the hill).  I'm where I want to be (location, at least) and I have no ambition of being a millionaire or anything fancy.  The whole thing about time seeming to speed up when we age is really true.  Heard Michael Savage talking about it yesterday.  The "proportional theory" I think means that the amount of time passed relative to one's age varies.  For a 5-year-old, when cognitive memory begins, "one year is 20% of their entire life.  Thus, we compare time intervals with our total time, per the Scientific American magazine. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...