Look What *I* Found Today!

FerrariDaytonaSpyder

Hello, all!

I was browsing a local antique store today, and found this in a stack of LPs in a crate! Needless to say, this jewel now has a new home!

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FerrariDaytonaSpyder said:

Hello, all!

I was browsing a local antique store today, and found this in a stack of LPs in a crate! Needless to say, this jewel now has a new home!

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

Very nice indeed - looks almost mint ! Just great .

• Like 6

Only $3.00!  Not bad!  Great compilation. :thumbsup: 

I have volume 1 and 2 on vinyl, still seeking for volume 3!

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 2

Great find! Looks like it was well kept?

I always loved vinyl. I have quite a collection from the late 60's to now but I believe vinyl l still sounds better than MP3's in any case!

Also vinyl always had that collectable feature of the artwork! Think of the many famous albums of all time like Pink Floyd's artwork or Uriah Heep or any dozen of artists that really took time to do the cover artwork.

The other thing I always liked about albums were the treasures inside! My Quadrophenia Album from the Who has a black and white picture book and Elton Johns' Captain Fantastic had a comic book inside. That is just a short list of collectables......

Vinyl is having such a great revival however |I was sad to see our local HMV in my local mall is closing forever!?! The days of the record stores are dwindling...........................................

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Awesome...I love it when I make a superb find in an antique or "junk" store!! :thumbsup: Cool piece of memorabilia! :cool:

• Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 5:36 PM, FerrariDaytonaSpyder said:

Hello, all!

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

Looks fantastic after all these years - I think this has been rereleased on vinyl as amazon is showing new copies 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Awesome...I love it when I make a superb find in an antique or "junk" store!! :thumbsup: Cool piece of memorabilia! :cool:

Great find !

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to this post I now own an original, sealed pressing of this on vinyl. Just bought the Jan Hammer MV CD still new/sealed for $30.00

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Thanks to this post I now own an original, sealed pressing of this on vinyl. Just bought the Jan Hammer MV CD still new/sealed for $30.00

Nice work, and congrats on both counts!  I don't know which is more impressive, the album or the CD!  Assuming you're talking about the Ultimate Collection from JH, I can't find them anywhere for less than $100, and they've been opened and played!

• Like 1

Yep the JH Ultimate collection CDs are selling for a crazy amount. $100.00 - 200.00 on EBay. I found a new sealed unplayed CD set for $30.00 shipped. I would have preferred vinyl in this one too but I'll take what I can get especially a deal.

• Like 2

I opted for the CC CDs autographed by JH when I got mine. I'd never sell them, but I often wonder what it would fetch. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...