What are your favorite and least favorite episodes?

Assasinge

I just got done finish watching "Midsing Hours", and I must admit, it is so far, the worst episode of MV I've ever seen. Seriously, there are some weird episodes of MV out there, but this one was honestly a joke. So that got me thinking, what are your favorite and least favorite episodes? Maybe the list has changed, maybe not. 

Edited by Assasinge

I'll just say that if you ever wanna stump me on a trivia, use something from Missing Hours or Hell Hath No Fury. :blind:

p. s. - can you edit the title of this thread? :eek:

I find myself always defending that episode haha. Aside from all of the supernatural stuff going on there, it also has some moments showing Gina and Trudy's friendship and a more "down to earth" environment. But I can only accept that episode as a dream, not my own of course. :) That last scene was spooky though.

For some reason Gina and Trudy always seemed to be thrown into those kind of over the top episodes in S4, but that episode shouldn't have been written at all for a show like Vice. 

One of the episodes I like the best, which is also one of my favorites is "Bought and Paid for." It has all of the elements - humor, drama, thriller, action, romance good story/plot etc. 

That is probably, why I was a fan of Melrose Place and not Beverly Hills 90210. (That TV show had that too in a more toned down way though) 

When it comes to least favorite episode. Hmm... I'll have to think about that one, but I'm sure there are a couple... :p

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

"Lombard" is absolutely my favorite episode.

And "The Home Invaders" and "Golden Triangle" both come in as a close second.

"Missing Hours" really is the most crap episode. And bizarrely, apparently it was one of Dick Wolf's favorite episodes. Kind of shows the kind of attitude he had towards the show. It was a career stepping stone for him, and a chance to try out a few of his goofier ideas... not more...

I remember watching "Missing Hours" when it first aired on BBC One. My Dad was watching with me and knew how much I liked the show, he said to me "son this show has lost it!" I didn't disagree!!:)

On revisiting the episode over the years I don't dislike it so much! Agree with summer84, the ending is spooky!!;)

• Like 1

My least favourite is Tale of the Goat. That was the first failed foray into comedy/nonsense/BS episodes and I resent it's existence in a show dealing with a Vice Squad and resent it's influence on encouraging even worse "comedy" episodes in S4. Plus the villain looked like he stepped out of the movie "Live and Let Die".

Edited by Vincent Hanna

Yeah, I really think Vice started to go downhill towards the end of S3 and heading into S4, some episodes I would never think would have appeared on MV but they somehow did.

As far as least favorite, it's got to be "Missing Hours."  There were some other clunkers in there, but the whole premise of that episode is a major outlier for the overall series.

Favorite? I can pick more than a few that I can make a case for for one reason or another. Just can't narrow it down...!

13 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Favorite?  That's easy.  It's "Out Where the Buses Don't Run".  My least favorite is "A Bullet for Crockett". 

I honestly feel as though "A Bullet for Crockett" would have worked better as some sort of season finale, but it seems they just stuck it in there for some odd reason. NBC always had a thing for screwing up episode ordering, as far as I remember lol.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Least favourite episode... Well you got your usual suspects, such as Missing Hours, Cows of October... However, some of you will probably shoot me for this, but I actually find French Twist really boring. I fell asleep whilst watching last time, woke up it was daylight and it was in the Bluray menu repeating the Miami Vice theme song all night. :)

Favourite episode, impossible to choose, there are at least five go-to episodes. I cannot rate them as which one is my favourite. Probably either the Pilot, Calderones Return (both parts), One Eyed Jack, Definitely Miami, Florence Italy...