"I need 3 words.": How to deal with unsolicited calls, Borrasca-style.

mirrorimageegamirorrim

There's so much to love in that scene from Borrasca that I call the "green computer scene" where Castillo does some online detective work.  Ever notice the appearance of his eyes and the reflection of the computer screen in them?  Anyway, when he's logging onto the database, after he identifies himself, he says "I need three words." and this really resonated with me for some reason.  Maybe because it sounds like some CIA spy sh!t, a cryptic request emanating from a voice over a phone line sitting in a dark room.  It made such an impression that I started using the same line on telemarketers and other unwanted parties calling me sans solicitation.  It's so entertaining because they genuinely don't know what to say.  If they do launch into their spiel I hang up without saying another word.  They must be wondering who it was they called-- spy, drug dealer, mobster, etc.  I'm looking forward to the day when somebody actually does offer me the three words, "freefall faith firestorm".  I actually would talk to that person.                           

• Like 4