Don Johnson's hair

Assasinge

Anyone know what it's called? I'm trying to play around with my hair and see if I can pull it off, but I'm not too sure how to and I can't really find much about int on the Internet and right now I don't have time to go to a barber to ask for it to be done. Any thoughts? Maybe if I can figure out its name I can find a tutorial on the hairdo. I don't know I'm lost right now, lol.

Which season are you trying to copy?

There was a thread about this a year or two ago.  You might want to check it out:

I don't know if there's a certain name for (any of) the styles he wore. 

• Like 1

Oh okay. Im goig for a more of season 4 look, since I happen to have a lot of hair right now. I washed my hair today and tried to create a bit of a part in the front while slickng everything back, and so far it doesn't look too bad. I don't know if that's how you're supposed to do it though haha

For season 4 style, the trick is your hair has to be the same length on top and in the back ,but cut a little shorter on the sides over the ears (watch the scene when Sonny is driving his car and thinking of his wife. A lot of close-ups for reference). As for getting that part, the trick is to part it only in the front, but transition the direction to go more towards the back as you work your way to the back of the top of your head. The back half should be slick back.Then have the sides slick back, so that the front bangs "fall" onto the sides. Its hard to explain but once you've styled it this way even only a few times, it becomes second nature. When my hair grows back again in a few months (ended up cutting it again about a month and a half ago) I'll post some more pics. I've got some new Vice-style clothes I wanna show of to you guys :D

5 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

For season 4 style, the trick is your hair has to be the same length on top and in the back ,but cut a little shorter on the sides over the ears (watch the scene when Sonny is driving his car and thinking of his wife. A lot of close-ups for reference). As for getting that part, the trick is to part it only in the front, but transition the direction to go more towards the back as you work your way to the back of the top of your head. The back half should be slick back.Then have the sides slick back, so that the front bangs "fall" onto the sides. Its hard to explain but once you've styled it this way even only a few times, it becomes second nature. When my hair grows back again in a few months (ended up cutting it again about a month and a half ago) I'll post some more pics. I've got some new Vice-style clothes I wanna show of to you guys :D

Ah I see. Well I did manage to get the part pretty good in the front, I'm finding it a bit more harder to get that back translation though haha. At least the bangs fall on the side I guess. It doesn't look that bad tbh without a proper back transition, but I look like a book. But a good looking book.

Just realized i have more hair on top, not too much on the back as I want yet. Should I still do the pull back, part in front anyway? Or which season is best for that?