A version of Tubbs Shotgun

Gary1911A1

Saw this on YouTube today and instantly thought of Tubbs and his shotgun. Tubbs had several version and the one most closely to this had a forward T type grip on the forearm which I wouldn't doubt Mossberg might offer in the future. If you get one watch to make sure your front hand doesn't slip forward of the muzzle. That's undoubtedly why Mossberg put a sling like strap on their's.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, timm525 said:

I thought 18" was the legal shotgun barrel length without ATF's hoops? No?

Depends on your state.  Here in Illinois, anything regulated by ATF is banned.  In other states, like Florida, you have to have to register and pay for a tax stamp from the ATF to possess an under 18" shotgun or under 16" rifle.  I'm not sure if you can carry it tho, gotta check state by state laws.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Gary1911A1 said:

I'm not an attorney or ATF either and I would check with local laws, but various posts shows letters from the ATF that Shockwaves are not NFA weapons.

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=88

Interesting. I didn't realize this. I guess the legalities are in the details, no stock, no rifle/shotgun then....good to know. 

10 hours ago, timm525 said:

Interesting. I didn't realize this. I guess the legalities are in the details, no stock, no rifle/shotgun then....good to know. 

Indeed, I didn't think about whether it had a butt-stock when manufactured.  I guess that's how AR-15 pistols get around the rules, no butt-stock.  

I wonder if it can be carried?  As far as I know, if it can be concealed under Illinois CCL you can carry it.  I think Tubb's harness for his "PGO firearm" ;)  is a custom rig.  Are these available commercially since then?

17 hours ago, timm525 said:

I've posted this one on here before somewhere, I've always liked this custom rig by Sam Andrews. I have one of his shoulder holsters for a H&K USP .45

Tubbs would be proud of this one! Firepower Rig.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm

Firepower RigFirepower Rig - Shotgun sideFirepower RIg - Handgun and Ammo side

Sweet setup.  I never saw any extra shells on Tubb's setup, did he carry any or just what was in the tube?  I'm not sure I remember him having any speedloaders visible either.  

• Administrators

I never saw him reload. His 5 shot revo was always a joke to me considering... 

• Like 1

In the last episode of Freefall Tubbs finally started to carry a Sig 226 which had to be 9MM given the year, held 15 rounds in it's magazine and was very reliable. Before that a five shot S&W J Frame Bodyguard was a joke. I kept waiting for Crockett to urge Tubbs to carry something more serious and use the S&W Bodyguard as backup as frequently that was all Tubbs had.

• 3 months later...

i could be wrong, but i always thought Tubbs shotgun was a real homemade shortnoose shotgun. i'm sure the answer is somewhere in these forums, but i've browsed enough for now :p