Help me with this picture!

Assasinge

I was watching "Vote of Confidence" today, and this one scene I suddenly screenshotted and decided, hey, this looks really nice as a wallpaper! 

Unfortuanetly it isn't of best quality, so does anyone here want to make the picture look more, clear, I guess? Or better? Here it is:

IMG_4632.thumb.PNG.942a39a066e09cdd08cc1

Edit: apparently it posted twice and the editor is doing weird things, so I can't delete it right now. Sorry.

IMG_4632.PNG

Edited by Assasinge

Really, James is your artist for a job like this!  I hope you have looked at the gorgeous wallpapers he has created.

However, I worked on it a bit in Photoshop Elements.  Since the image is a bit blurry I tried to do a little sharpening, increased the pixels per inch, and added a filter to create a purposefully more watercolor painting look (I hope, LOL).  Then I cropped it into a more rectangular shape to fit better with the computer screen.  I *assumed* you liked the cool stormy sky, the tossing palms, and the police cruiser in the foreground more than the two men facing each other and the rainy street, so I cropped more from the bottom of the image.   If you prefer the men and the wet pavement the crop would remove more of the sky.

It works OK on my laptop as a desktop background but don't know how well it may translate to others.  Image size is 908 x 577 px.

rain_cruiser_palms.jpg

• Like 3

Ooh, looks like a cool painting now! I'll try settinf it as my ipad wallpaper! And thanks! I would do the job myself but I don't have to time to work on it in Photoshop right now lol

• Like 1

2hfi61s.jpg

As vicegirl already said, James is the expert on this with artwork. :fireworks:  I've just recently gotten into editing some screenshots of Miami Vice, but still wanted to give it a try. I work with tools, I have from paint.net and Microsoft Word. :) I have sharpened the picture and only increased a bit of brightness and contrast, as it wasn't needed much for this pic, at least I thought. Could add some artistic effects, if you want, but it's not going to look like it would on Photoshop. :D  

Although I think brightness and contrast works well and doesn't ruin the picture with the cartoon effect.

I'm only a beginner at this, but hope it isn't too bad. :) The artwork, I created of Tubbs the other day turned out nice. 

r798gz.jpg

Edited by summer84
  • Like 3

Oh, and while I was watching the episode I took a couple of screens of Sonny and Rico that I thought looked kinda cool, or badass I guess. I screenshotted a lot of Sonny pics for my hair reference, but I'll share them anyway. Cuz why not?

Here: 

edited one of the pics to make a good wallpaper for my Ipad.

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_4633.PNG

IMG_4631.PNG

IMG_4630.PNG

IMG_4629.PNG

IMG_4627.PNG

IMG_4628.PNG

Edited by Assasinge
  • Like 1

I like the look of the wet street, too, and it's so evocative of the show.  The reason I cropped most of it out in my version is because the basically square-ish image proportions didn't fit with a screensaver-type background for a modern computer.  Either the top or the bottom of the original image would be cut off for that use.  So for your preference, if I redid the image to focus more on the wet pavement, I'd crop from the sky. 

Another type of device might have a different aspect ratio and a more square image might work, but I don't have a device like that.

So it's all a matter of making a choice, no right or wrong :)  May try it again tonight keeping the street and losing some sky.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

Nice work, summer84 and Assasinge!

Thanks! Now I feel like I should start editing all screenshots I have ever taken and put them here haha!

Made another version of that wallpaper I posted above somewhere: (along with Before and After of the image)

IMG_4628.PNG

IMG_4647.JPG

Edited by Assasinge

11 minutes ago, AzVice said:

try lunapic.com  you can load pictures and edit the colors and effects in countless ways

Or download the free app Google Snapseed: Snapseed by Google, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/B0umA.i

That's what I use to edit my pictures when I don't have Photoshop with me atm.

Also thanks vicegirl85! :D

There is also cartoonize.net. I've tried some other photo editing sites, but personally most satisfied with this one. 

And you get to look at Brad Pitt at the same time. Ha ha :)

Edited by summer84

Haha!

It's funny, eversince I started wearing the wayfarers and having Crockett's hair, mainly season 4 based, people are telling me I look "stylish" or good suddenly. Damn, the 80s really were something, weren't they?

I like those better, vicegirl85...........you still have the dark sky & palm trees along with the wet road. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 28/04/2017 at 2:01 AM, summer84 said:

2hfi61s.jpg

As vicegirl already said, James is the expert on this with artwork. :fireworks:  I've just recently gotten into editing some screenshots of Miami Vice, but still wanted to give it a try. I work with tools, I have from paint.net and Microsoft Word. :) I have sharpened the picture and only increased a bit of brightness and contrast, as it wasn't needed much for this pic, at least I thought. Could add some artistic effects, if you want, but it's not going to look like it would on Photoshop. :D  

Although I think brightness and contrast works well and doesn't ruin the picture with the cartoon effect.

I'm only a beginner at this, but hope it isn't too bad. :) The artwork, I created of Tubbs the other day turned out nice. 

r798gz.jpg

Great work Summer !