MV Display

ViceFanMan

Okay...I'm a little fanatical when it comes to MV, and I go through the entire series again...and some will probably view this as crazy. :D  But, I decided to share. This is just my dresser in my room...both ends. Keep in mind, not everything is to-scale, so I have to make-do with what I have. ;) The first pic (left hand side when facing the dresser) has one set of action figures--Crockett with his signature BrenTen handgun & tortoise shell Wayfarers, and Lucky Strike cigarette. Tubbs has his signature sawed-off shot gun. In front of them is some cocaine packets (made my own with flour from my kitchen 11 years ago LOL, as the bizarre blue squares Mezco created as the cocaine left you thinking...only someone on LSD would see "blue" cocaine! :p) and briefcase full of cash...as well as Crockett's pack of Luckys. One, of the 3 I have, TV Guide is displayed to the far left (ignore my vintage 40's phone...it works and that's where the phone jack in my bedroom is, LOL). Behind Crockett & Tubbs are a couple flamingos, as well as Universal DVDs of seasons 1-3...with vintage postcards of The Blue Waters Hotel, and part of one of The Carlyle Hotel, on top. 

The second pic is the other end of my dresser...you can still see the flamingos in this one, as well as the rest of my DVD sets. The full postcard of The Carlyle is seen, as well as one of The Senator Hotel, and another of The Blue Waters. Also seen is a 1:18 scale diecast model of Crockett's white 1986 Ferrari Testarossa. Crockett and Tubbs on this end are in different outfits, and this time Tubbs is wearing his signature Aviators, holding a Mac 10 machine gun, and a briefcase. Crockett is wearing is tortoise shell Wayfarers, and Elvis has once again gotten loose from his chain! :eek: Haha.  A few shells have been placed around for  so-called effect. Above all this displayed on top of the mirror, and not seen in these pics, are the other 2 TV Guides as well as the Miami Vice Board Game from 1984. I also have a few posters and 8x10 pics displayed on my walls.   P.S Every time I insert pics in a post, they're always posted twice. Does anyone know how to stop this?

59051a8bce684_MVDisplay.JPG.a702e27325585905129944f67_MVDisplayII.JPG.983c541eab

MV Display.JPG

MV Display.JPG

MV Display II.JPG

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 6

Very cool!  I especially love your postcards :)

On the double-posting of the pics:  When I post an image, I click on the "choose files" hyperlink below.  After selecting the pic to upload, click on"Save" or "Submit" whichever it is.  Sometimes you might get the impression you have to drag the image file into the post, but that invariably makes it post twice (for me).

Edited by vicegirl85
  • Like 1

Just now, vicegirl85 said:

Very cool!  I especially love your postcards :)

Yeah, I love history so I got several postcards of old art deco hotels used and seen in MV. :cool:

See my tip on posting image files (I added to my original post, LOL).  Good luck, I've had the same problem but think I was trying to upload and then drag the image when I only needed to upload and Submit Reply.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

See my tip on posting image files (I added to my original post, LOL).  Good luck, I've had the same problem but think I was trying to upload and then drag the image when I only needed to upload and Submit Reply.

I'll try this...thanks! :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

Thankyou for posting - I will also try this !:D

• 4 weeks later...

Looks great! From what year are those figures? They do not look like from the 80s.

p.s. I have 80's Masters of the Universe figures on display in my living room so I can relate to your setup. ;-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Den Taylor said:

Looks great! From what year are those figures? They do not look like from the 80s.

p.s. I have 80's Masters of the Universe figures on display in my living room so I can relate to your setup. ;-)

Mezco Toys came out with MV action figures in 2006, as a tribute to the series & to help promote the new MV motion picture that year (which sucked). I love everything about the figures...except the faces. They don't really look like Crockett & Tubbs. But they are what they are. There were at least 3 different sets...I have 2 sets. The different colored clothes were the differences. P.S...I used to have Masters of the Universe action figures!! :dance2: 

It does kinda look like Tubbs in the first picture. But Crockett? Nah. To begin with he never had such dark hair! But still cool figures.

p.s.: Who didn't? Every male kid in the 80s had them, did they not? :dance2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Den Taylor said:

It does kinda look like Tubbs in the first picture. But Crockett? Nah. To begin with he never had such dark hair! But still cool figures.

p.s.: Who didn't? Every male kid in the 80s had them, did they not? :dance2:

Yeah, they could've come up with better looking figures...but DJ & PMT probably would've had to have been payed a ton to market their actual faces. ;)

Me and my brother had lots of the Masters Of the Universe figures, and the toy castle of the bad guys. :thumbsup: