Real Life Miami Vice?

Assasinge

Miami Vice is a cool cop show on its own, but is there here anybody who is a real vice detective? I want to know how their experience is versis what we see on tv.

Have you watched the "Cocaine Cowboys" documentary? Also, the "Reloaded" edition is great. You get plenty of inside info and stories from both sides of the law. :thumbsup:

To answer your question, I'm certainly not a cop, but I can assure you that 90% of what goes on with MV is almost comically unrealistic if you only look at it from a realistic standpoint--especially from the police side. However, if you just want to be entertained, the show will always be 100% awesome!

Edited by Dadrian

• Administrators

Being an undercover cop/agent isn't as glamorous as they make it out to be on TV.

• 3 weeks later...

My uncle was a detective for LAPD back in the 80's and 90's before retiring, and was on a series of different task forces during those years.  I remember at one time he was a body guard for the DA, once it was domestic disputes and deadbeat dads, and the last one I remember was gangs and narcotics, which is probably somewhat similar.  All I remember was him not enjoying all the paper work that came with being a detective.  He had started as a beat cop before going back for his degree in criminology.  Nothing very exciting that I recall, though during those years.  Interestingly, when I was in elementary school in the very early 80's, he and his partner were involved in a shooting (which is unusual) and his partner was shot.  He was eventually pensioned off the force, and  I think that was part of the reason my uncle went back to get his degree and become a detective, to get out of his cruiser.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 2