15 days until vaca & a big drive to Fl.

ZAQ 178

15 days left until we go on vaca driving from NH to Northport/Punta Gorda area for a week and a half of sun! Wifey and I have made this same drive the last 2 years and loved the travel. Can't wait! Our Fl vaca countdown is well underway!

Edited by ZAQ 178
  • Like 2

That sounds so great! :thumbsup:

I've only been to Orlando, spent a week in spring there once and did all the touristy stuff, including of course Disneyworld... :)

Will you be visiting Miami?  If so, I'd be glad to help you .  Are there certain Miami Vice locations that are memorable to you?

Edited by airtommy

I wish I was visiting Miami. I'll be 2-3 hrs away on the gulf coast side of things. If I went to Miami (and someday I will) it will be only about MV stuff especially locations as I have a great deal of interest in that.

This is a good time of year to come down here, very little rain and before the summer tourist season hits.

3 hours ago, ZAO178 said:

I wish I was visiting Miami. I'll be 2-3 hrs away on the gulf coast side of things. If I went to Miami (and someday I will) it will be only about MV stuff especially locations as I have a great deal of interest in that.

If you do decide to drive across Alligator Alley to visit Miami, be sure not to stop in any small villages posing as a fisherman.  ;)

glades08.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...

A year later and here I am about to drive straight from NH to Miami Tuesday after work arriving Wednesday evening.

Staying at the Carlyle for a few nights and will spend a few days there hitting Bill Baggs in Key Biscayne, Miamimarina / Bayside where Crockett’s boats were docked & doing a lot of foot travel walking Collins & Ocean drive.

Should I start a new post so I can put pics up there or keep going w/ this old post I made on last years FL trip? 

Recommend Vice spots on Ocean Dr & Collins (within walking distance of Ocean Dr) are welcome! My first trip to Miami is about to happen my friends! 

2E15B319-B057-4B0D-9B3D-E225579642C9.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ZAQ 178 said:

A year later and here I am about to drive straight from NH to Miami Tuesday after work arriving Wednesday evening.

Staying at the Carlyle for a few nights and will spend a few days there hitting Bill Baggs in Key Biscayne, Miamimarina / Bayside where Crockett’s boats were docked & doing a lot of foot travel walking Collins & Ocean drive.

Should I start a new post so I can put pics up there or keep going w/ this old post I made on last years FL trip? 

Recommend Vice spots on Ocean Dr & Collins (within walking distance of Ocean Dr) are welcome! My first trip to Miami is about to happen my friends! 

2E15B319-B057-4B0D-9B3D-E225579642C9.png

Wow love this !!

• Like 1

I would say keep adding to this as it’s current and running as well as expands on last year’s. 

So great.:thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Take the Fla Turnpike, I 95 is a mess in places.

Get ready for some tolls. 

• Like 1

Just got into our room at the Carlyle! Damn this is adult Disney here! We are on the 3rd Flr overlooking 13th St! Sneak peak for tonight out our window:

7C42A7F0-639F-4506-ACBD-884FB677F138.jpeg

DC799DEE-EBCD-4066-ABC5-DFC56EF7C2CC.jpeg

• Like 6