Powers Boothe Rest In Peace

Tommy Vercetti

Another tragic passing. I just found out that Powers Boothe has died at the age of 68. I'm very saddened by this as he was a great actor that did some great work.
He gave an award winning performance as cult leader Jim Jones in a TV movie and he played Philip Marlowe in an '80s TV series. He appeared in many movies such as Southern Comfort, Red Dawn, Tombstone, Sin City as well as the TV series Deadwood. I know him best from two Oliver Stone films he was in, Nixon and U Turn. He was great in both, especially as Al Haig in Nixon.

Rest in peace Powers Boothe. You have definitely left us too soon and you will be missed.

powersboothe_familyofspies.jpg

When I think of Powers Boothe, the first role that comes to mind is Curly Bill Brosius from Tombstone, and I absolutely hate that character.  I hate that character because Powers Boothe played him in such a way as to make him totally unlikable and completely irredeemable.  THAT is the sign of a good actor.  The first movie role I remember seeing him in is Red Dawn.  Terrible loss.  RIP.

The Emerald Forest was my first P.B. movie.  Watched it at a friend's home right after it was released on VHS.  Great movie!

My condolences to his family and friends.    

Edited by mirrorimageegamirorrim

I remember his chilling performance as the sadist cult leader Jim Jones.  That was a great role for him.  RIP 

• Like 1