How do you say "Jan Hammer"?

Dadrian

I'm sure some of our European members know the correct pronunciation, but how do the rest of us say it?I say "Yon Hammer", just like the thing you hit a nail with.

It's pronounced; YON HOMMERThat is the correct way to say it.You may call his manager Eliott Sears and verify, but that is the way it's pronounced. -COOP

What is his ethnic background/nationality?

He's an American now, but was born in Czechoslovakia in the city of Prague.

He's an American now' date=' but was born in Czechoslovakia in the city of Prague.[/quote']Your welcome Timm525. :thumbsup:

i was pretty sure it was YON HOMMER, and i tried to train myself to say it that way, but i always went back to "hammer". it is very much a household name for me ;)thanks for the gospel, coop.

• 4 months later...

I know I should say Yon but find myself slipping & saying Jan Hammer, then Yon Hammer.......so I don't know what to say in the poll! :confused:

I thought I remember that his nickname, or was at one time refered to by friends in the industry as "THE WIZARD".I have nothing to substanciate this claim, it's just what I thought I remember hearing somewhere.