My Crockett 5022s!

ViceFanMan

Well, as many here have done before in the past, I purchased a vintage pair of Ray Ban Tortoise Shell Wayfarer 5022 sunglasses, in mint condition (except for one tiny mark on the right side of the frame)! Several years ago I got the modern version, a 2140 model, which is basically the same thing as the original. However, the original, aka vintage, 5022s did not have the "Ray Ban" logo on the sides of the ear pieces or on the lenses. I love my 2140s, but it'll be cool to have an "official" (so-to-speak) pair that Crockett wore on the show. :cool: Of course these are not an actual pair used on the show (I know some here have somehow actually gotten a hold of a couple pairs of those, and I can only imagine what those cost! :eek:), but they are a pair just like them. I can't wait! :D  Here's a pic:   P.S. I cannot get pictures I upload to my posts to stop appearing twice, no matter what I've tried...so sorry for the double pic. :evil:

Crockett Glasses.jpg

Crockett Glasses.jpg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 5

If you edit a post with a pic, it posts it twice for some reason. Great shades though. Worth seeing twice. :p:thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

If you edit a post with a pic, it posts it twice for some reason. Great shades though. Worth seeing twice. :p:thumbsup:

Thanks...good to know! I'd delete the post, and re-post it again (without editing), but it seems there isn't an option to delete. You're right though, awesome shades! I can't wait to get them! :cool::funky:

• Like 1

What has worked well for me in uploading pics is to "choose file", select your image file, and then Submit Reply, without dragging the image into the Reply box.  

But you may be able to go into edit mode and put one of the images into the trash can.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

What has worked well for me in uploading pics is to "choose file", select your image file, and then Submit Reply, without dragging the image into the Reply box.  

But you may be able to go into edit mode and put one of the images into the trash can.

I've tried that, and I think it works unless you "edit" something...and once you do that it seems to add an extra image every time. I can go back and "delete" all the extra images (which I do)...but this is counted as another edit. So, once I've deleted all the extra pics except for the original one...one extra picture will still show up when I re-post. :evil: I guess I should never edit a post that I've included an image in.

In my Miami  vacation thread from last year, I think I ended up deleting the photos in one post and reattaching, or something like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

In my Miami  vacation thread from last year, I think I ended up deleting the photos in one post and reattaching, or something like that. 

Maybe. I wish there was a way to just delete your own posts if wanted/needed, so I could re-post it and this time not do any edits. Or they could figure out a way to stop the pics from showing up more than once. ;)

• Like 2