R.I.P. Roger Moore

daytona365

RIP, Sir Roger. You were a gentleman, a great person, one of the few actors I looked up too, and a DAMN fine James Bond. God bless.

roger_3022462b.jpg

• Like 3

He was my favorite 007 as well. Not only did he inject a lot of fun into an already enjoyable franchise but he was still the most enthusiastic about the franchise of all the Bonds well after he left the role. Movies like The Spy Who Loved Me really defined the Bond image and he became the first Bond in space with Moonraker (still a favorite of mine despite it's reputation). If you want to have a good time while watching the Bond movies in a new way, if you own the DVD or Blu-rays of his Bond films and haven't already I recommend listening to his commentary tracks. He says right at the top he doesn't remember everything from filming in those days but he does give some of the warmest and involving commentary tracks I've ever heard.

R.I.P., Sir Roger. ;(

• Like 4

Ah this sucks, RIP the best bond (tied with Connery.)

My favourite Roger moment is in Octopussy when he's playing Backgammon with Kamal Khan, he uses Khan's loaded dice to win the game "Double Sixes…fancy that". He says that while never taking his eyes off of Khan. Pure magical scene.

Spy who loved me is one of the GOAT. "When in Cairo..one must delve deeply into it's treasures…" (referring to women).:)

Thank you Roger for brightening up my life with your amazing films.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

RIP Mr Moore.  A man who was a true gentleman and knighted by the Queen.  Absolutely loved his performance in "The Man With the Golden Gun". 

• Like 2

• Administrators

89. He was older than I thought he would be. He must've been in his mid 40s when he done Live and Let Die? 

Great actor, RIP.

We were discussing the many James Bonds a few days ago on another thread........and then I hear on the news Roger Moore passed away. ;(

He was my 3rd choice for Bond, but I am very sad to hear that he is no longer with us. At least he made it to 89! 

14 hours ago, James said:

89. He was older than I thought he would be. He must've been in his mid 40s when he done Live and Let Die? 

Great actor, RIP.

Yeah I remember being surprised to find out that he was older than Connery. He looked in way better shape in LALD than Connery did in "Diamonds.."

• Like 2

• Administrators
15 hours ago, James said:

Great actor, RIP.

Pretty sure he was 45 when he did Live and Let Die. I think he is the oldest Bond to star both to start and end.  I think he was 57 in a View to a Kill.

A View to a Kill is one of my guilty pleasures ever and the Bond film I've seen the most times. Roger Moore, Christopher Walken and Grace Jones are the perfect cast together. Duran Duran theme and John Barry's amazing score. I need to buy a decent print of film poster for my office for how much pleasure that film gave me growing up. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Yeah I remember being surprised to find out that he was older than Connery. He looked in way better shape in LALD than Connery did in "Diamonds.."

Yeah, he was in great shape. 

I gotta admit I did weep abit at this, like this just got me, as all that history, all that old movie world history is gone, as this man, you gotta wonder who he knew from old hollywood, and while he wasnt my favorite bond, he still brought his own version of bond to the table. as it was no secret that he wasnt a fan of the PPK, hence why it never seemed to show up in firearm firefights at all in most of his movies, often preferring to go toe to toe like he did with Fekish, one of the hallmarks of the saint actually and being more technology inclined than all of the other bonds, seiko digital watches over his rolex, which only showed up in one movie as a gadget and that was it! Lotus Cars, and futuristic stuff in general, which seemed to be a theme from the getgo with him, right from his introduction at his home in the first movie

and he did actually want to buy a lotus from them too in real life, but the discount was too small for his liking given the issues with the car, overheating he said. which given the shape and similarity to the countach, which requires those NASA vents on it to cool properly, I cant say he's lying about that lol

and I say old world history given his friendship with David Niven, the man who was wanted to be bond by Mr Ian Flemming himself, which is rather ironic considering how often it seems like stuff like this intertwines

plus Mr Niven's relationship with bogart, as it seems like the acting circles over their was a full on club house where everyone knew each other, kind of a far cry from the way it is now, which begs the question of if he somehow knew him really.

like for instance, just look at who shows up here

Niven, Gregory Peck AND REGAN!

he will be missed I'll tell you that much, although when Jaws went and I saw an interview with him about it, he did look rough, so I'm not surprised that he went given that and that while their had been a mention of him seeing all of the bond films made by Craig and giving his opinion's on them, their was none for specter, and I must wonder if that's because he was in switzerland for cancer treatments really, and that this had been going on for awhile. as cancer really sucks and most of the time its 9 months and its over and god I hope stem cell research can reverse that.

but I should mention on a much happier note he always loved to give Q a hard time too lol at 6:03 here lol

god that guy was great at trolling people lol

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 3

On 27/05/2017 at 3:13 AM, Kavinsky said:

I gotta admit I did weep abit at this, like this just got me, as all that history, all that old movie world history is gone, as this man, you gotta wonder who he knew from old hollywood, and while he wasnt my favorite bond, he still brought his own version of bond to the table. as it was no secret that he wasnt a fan of the PPK, hence why it never seemed to show up in firearm firefights at all in most of his movies, often preferring to go toe to toe like he did with Fekish, one of the hallmarks of the saint actually and being more technology inclined than all of the other bonds, seiko digital watches over his rolex, which only showed up in one movie as a gadget and that was it! Lotus Cars, and futuristic stuff in general, which seemed to be a theme from the getgo with him, right from his introduction at his home in the first movie

and he did actually want to buy a lotus from them too in real life, but the discount was too small for his liking given the issues with the car, overheating he said. which given the shape and similarity to the countach, which requires those NASA vents on it to cool properly, I cant say he's lying about that lol

and I say old world history given his friendship with David Niven, the man who was wanted to be bond by Mr Ian Flemming himself, which is rather ironic considering how often it seems like stuff like this intertwines

plus Mr Niven's relationship with bogart, as it seems like the acting circles over their was a full on club house where everyone knew each other, kind of a far cry from the way it is now, which begs the question of if he somehow knew him really.

like for instance, just look at who shows up here

Niven, Gregory Peck AND REGAN!

he will be missed I'll tell you that much, although when Jaws went and I saw an interview with him about it, he did look rough, so I'm not surprised that he went given that and that while their had been a mention of him seeing all of the bond films made by Craig and giving his opinion's on them, their was none for specter, and I must wonder if that's because he was in switzerland for cancer treatments really, and that this had been going on for awhile. as cancer really sucks and most of the time its 9 months and its over and god I hope stem cell research can reverse that.

but I should mention on a much happier note he always loved to give Q a hard time too lol at 6:03 here lol

god that guy was great at trolling people lol

The David Niven story is fantastic!