MV Cop Cruisers

ViceFanMan

For the police cars I know both early-mid 1980s Plymouth Gran Furys and Dodge Diplomats were used...but as far as color goes, does anyone know if both green & white AND black & white Miami-Dade police cruisers were used...or just green & white? Of course we see a lot of the green & white ones, but sometimes I swear I think Ive seen a few black & white ones as well. Just curious! :dance2:

Very interesting topic!  I have done research for a few hours to try and find pictures and I found one from from the famous FBI shootout of April 11, 1986.  In the picture you can see a patrol car on the right side behind the man wearing a tie.  It appears to me the colors are black and white.  I enlarged it and the colors are playing tricks with my eyes.  It may actually be a dark green.  It really is a coin toss for me.  But I am leaning towards black.  Anyone else see black??

L-FBI-Miami-Shootout.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Very interesting topic!  I have done research for a few hours to try and find pictures and I found one from from the famous FBI shootout of April 11, 1986.  In the picture you can see a patrol car on the right side behind the man wearing a tie.  It appears to me the colors are black and white.  I enlarged it and the colors are playing tricks with my eyes.  It may actually be a dark green.  It really is a coin toss for me.  But I am leaning towards black.  Anyone else see black??

L-FBI-Miami-Shootout.jpg

In real life, such as this pic, they may have used black & white. But on the show they used a lot of green & white...but maybe in Florida they used green & white in real life too? I was just curious if on the show they used both or just g&w? 

The original police car color scheme was green and white, as it is also seen in popular video games like Vice City and Vice City Stories, however, there was another one which was black and cream, used for the highway patrol units (which are also seen in a MV episode, don't remember exactly, but it was Tubbs driving mad to get busted, I guess the episode was Walk Alone).

Miami state trooper plymouth fury 1977.bmp

d25940f6f87f.jpg

Miami state trooper plymouth fury 1977.bmp

• Like 1

7 hours ago, airtommy said:

The Internet Movie Cars Database might be helpful:

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_86759-Miami-Vice.html

Yeah I always check out IMCDb before asking car questions. They only cover certain episodes of certain seasons usually...so if a black and white cop car was used, it may or may not be shown on that site depending on when it was used in the show. :thumbsup: