The Blooper Thread

timm525

in Smuggler's blues i see a couple of flaws:

- during the deal in Carthagena they get money and drug in the same spot. totally unrealistic

- they drop the dope in the Everglades without team on ground, weird. we are talking of an average 3 millions cargo

- they send Tubbs in Colombia as a Colombian. according to what i heard his spanish is very average. I mean, he knows spanish but does have an accent that can betray him

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just noticed this.  In the episode Buddies when Crockett is confronting Robbie before the big car chase, he clearly refers to Frankie Valli's character as "Ross" instead of "Doss"  Truly it is a testament to the intensity of the scene and the actors in it that it took me almost 40 years to notice the mistake.

4 hours ago, My365 said:

I just noticed this.  In the episode Buddies when Crockett is confronting Robbie before the big car chase, he clearly refers to Frankie Valli's character as "Ross" instead of "Doss"  Truly it is a testament to the intensity of the scene and the actors in it that it took me almost 40 years to notice the mistake.

I had never noticed it until someone here (or maybe the wiki?) posted it years ago. I’ve since wondered if the insignificant flub was caught by the crew during filming, but left in because the long, intense exchange was otherwise done so well by DJ and Remar. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 8:41 PM, jpaul1 said:

not quite a blooper, but i'm pretty sure that hatch is totally fake. it's just a wood box put onto the roof

Honeyview_Capture d’écran 2022-10-12 213618.jpg

I am not sure, just looks like a cheap, wooden roof hatch to me.

Don't know would they have went so far as putting the lead flashing roof around it?

On 5/20/2020 at 6:33 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

At the end of "When Irish Eyes Are Crying", Micahel Talbott smirks after Don and PMT run off to get Liam Neeson, and after Neeson falls to his death, the stuntman moves his head while lying on the ground in the wide shot (before Neeson's close-up).

Maybe he was still alive for a brief moment before his death? 

Like at the end of The Exorcist when Karras falls down a full flight of concrete stairs and he still moving, then dies seconds later.

• Like 1

I was just watching "Whatever Works" and noticed that the two cops who were killed at the beginning of the episode are always referred to as Grady (or Grainey) and Lockhart.  However, when Crockett is talking to the bartender before the fight, the bartender calls them Grady (or Grainey) and Davenport.  I got it!  Maybe the second cop's name was Lockhart Davenport...or Davenport Lockhart.

16 minutes ago, My365 said:

Maybe the second cop's name was Lockhart Davenport...or Davenport Lockhart.

It was actually Lockhart Davenport Ross Doss

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

It was actually Lockhart Davenport Ross Doss

Too funny!  The actors seem to have a problem remembering the second name when its a duo.  By the way Dadrian, I really like the soundtrack covers that you've done.  I've been listening to them on Youtube for years.  Jan Hammer gave you some great material to work with and you've done amazing things with it.  Keep up the good work!

5 minutes ago, My365 said:

Too funny!  The actors seem to have a problem remembering the second name when its a duo.  By the way Dadrian, I really like the soundtrack covers that you've done.  I've been listening to them on Youtube for years.  Jan Hammer gave you some great material to work with and you've done amazing things with it.  Keep up the good work!

I really appreciate that. As you may have seen in my Instagram thread here, I am recently back up and running after a move/extensive renovation. 

4 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I am not sure, just looks like a cheap, wooden roof hatch to me.

Don't know would they have went so far as putting the lead flashing roof around it?

I don't believe this is lead flashing around the hatch.  I have lead flashing around the skylights on my roof and it doesn't look like this.  Also how many houses out in the Glades (or at least out in the sticks) would install this hatch on their roof?

114014918_Honeyview_Capturedcran2022-10-12213618.thumb.jpg.12dffe89e97098447db17044a7c36f72.jpg.2af40e1dd3776b8446f4afc06b0e8ada.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

Looks like tin or “panning metal” to me. Usually comes in 4’ x 10’ sheets. Very easy to cut and manipulate. If this was an actual permanent part of the roof, there would be terrible leaking with any rain. I’m no shingle-oligist, but look at it closely and think about gravity and water. This is 100% a quickly made prop to facilitate the plan of infiltration into the house. DJ is looking at shingles inside that box. :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Yep I concur, that’s a box placed on the roof with some tin crap around the sides to resemble some kind of flashing which as Dadrian stated would leak like crazy.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, timm525 said:

Yep I concur, that’s a box placed on the roof with some tin crap around the sides to resemble some kind of flashing which as Dadrian stated would leak like crazy.

And not even any fastener on it which could be used to "close" it from the inside!

• Like 2

You guys are correct in saying it's a fake hatch, I re-watched the scene and was hoping Sonny would just jump straight down :) but it cut offs as he is about to enter :)

Plus there is no handle to close it.  

Surespan Roof Hatch - Premium SRHP

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2023 at 4:57 PM, Dadrian said:

I really appreciate that. As you may have seen in my Instagram thread here, I am recently back up and running after a move/extensive renovation. 

Thanks for the update.  I don't know much (or anything) about Instagram but it might be time to check it out.  Now back to the nitpicking!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is there suppose to be someone there at the hanger? noticed him last night for the first time.

It seems as though this is one of the production team members like in "The Great McCarthy" who hides behind a tree.

Jackson wouldn't talk about deals and drugs with one of his employees there, which makes me think he is not suppose to be there.

Untitled.thumb.png.08b28d090219d3f84eea65b788edf122.png

Edited by RedDragon86

38 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Is there suppose to be someone there at the hanger? noticed him last night for the first time.

It seems as though this is one of the production team members like in "The Great McCarthy" who hides behind a tree.

Jackson wouldn't talk about deals and drugs with one of is employees there, which makes me think he is not suppose to be there.

I’ve noticed this before too, and I think I posted about it, but I can’t remember what we decided. :) 

I don’t think it’s a blooper, but at least poor decision from the director or whoever let it happen—agreed that such details should only be discussed discretely. 

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb RedDragon86:

Jackson wouldn't talk about deals and drugs with one of is employees there, which makes me think he is not suppose to be there.

Maybe that’s Glenn Frey being jealous that Jackson took over his pilot job? :p

• Haha 3

• 7 months later...

Not sure if this was mentioned before but I just rewatched Golden Triangle Pt1 and about 18 minutes into the episode Crockett is raging about the dirty cops being released after "AID" turned them over to the DA.  He should've called them "IAD" for Internal Affairs Division, but he obviously flubs it.  I guess the take was otherwise acceptable because they kept it in.  I don't want to nitpick one of the greatest shows ever made but as a 22 year police veteran, I just can't ignore this one. With all the time he must've spent down at IAD, Crockett should've at least got their name right.  After all, it was episode #13 (or 14 if you count the first one as 2), so he should've been down there a dozen times or so by this point.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...