Sign in to follow this  
Boca Raton

Finished MV - seasons 4 & 5

Boca Raton
I just finished watching the entire series of MV & I loved it!
I kept hearing Season 4 was horrible & Season 5 was unwatchable (which I think is a little melodramatic).
It's really not that bad at all!
Season 1&2 = awesome fun
Season 3 = good...but darker colors (I preferred pastels), bad fashion, and not as much fun as previous seasons
Season 4 = IMO my least favorite season. However, better fashion/colors than what I saw in season 3, weird/stupid stories and I hate the Sheena Easton character/stories/wedding. Also I notice the chemistry between DJ & PMT is not what it used to be.
Season 5 = a step up from season 4! Better/darker stories & vibes. However, something is way off in Season 5- seems like the chemistry is 100% gone between DJ & PMT, the fashion in 88/89 has to be the worst from any decade ever! Wow they look like clowns - people wore that shit!?!?
Overall - Season 5 was good but didn't feel like Miami Vice to me.
Edited by Boca Raton
  • Like 6

mirrorimageegamirorrim

Welcome to the site.  I just finished watching season 5 again and I agree with you about it being an improvement over S4 (and season 3, in my view).  In fact, I had the most favorable impression I've ever had of season 5 this past time and I would put it in the same ballpark as 1&2.  It still falls short of the first two seasons, no doubt, but they made a valiant effort to rekindle some of the old vibe that had been lost in 3 & 4.  I actually find most of 3 and 4 unwatchable. But, as a whole, 3 is slightly better than 4, primarily because of Jan Hammer.  Season 4 is such a wasted opportunity.  However, my all-time fave episode actually comes from season 4--Mirror Image.  Go figure!  :) 

Boca Raton

Oh I love the Sonny Burnett arc but everything else nah!

i like season 3 but season 5 feels like the Miami I lived in during the late 90's early 2000's

Matt5

Glad you enjoyed !:hippie::dance2: