What do you like about season 3?

Daytona74

On 6/30/2017 at 1:45 PM, Dadrian said:

The Testarossa, the obscure alternative music, and Crockett's black loafers. 

1.  One of my favorite things about S3 is that they picked some great songs.  I don't listen to alternative music, but I think some of these qualify.  Three of my absolute favorite songs in the entire series appear early in S3.  The first two are especially obscure.

• "In Dulce Decorum" in Walk Alone
  • "State Of Emergency" in El Viejo
  • "Mercy" in Stone's War

Not as alternative nor as good, but I also liked:

• "We Do What We're Told" and "Standing on the Outside" in Forgive Us Our Debts
  • "Picture Book" in The Good Collar
  • "Holding Back the Years" in By Hooker By Crook
  • "I Wanna Make The World Turn Around" in Down For the Count

2.  I remember distinctly that during Vice's original run back in the 1980s, I loved the updated look (darker and brighter colors instead of pastels) and DJ's spiky hair.

3.  I liked that they gave John Diehl such a dramatic and meaningful exit.  They developed a plot around his love of boxing and they are rumored to have poured a lot of money into the ep.  The car chase is fantastic and must have cost a ton to film.  Usually actors are sent off unceremoniously, so this was nice.  I don't think the people running the show during S1 & S2 would have devoted any significant airtime to it.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2