Any Fans in Miami this week?

cigarette

Im going to Miami 4 july. Staying at Four Point Sheraton for 2 days, before going to Orlando for 10 days, then 3 days in Fort Lauderdale, before staying the last days in Foutainblau Miami.

Any tips- good locations- anyone there?

Best Regards 

Miami.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

In the words of the immortal Ricardo Tubbs:

"Wish I was."

Im bringing your music...... Thanks Dadrian

Edited by cigarette

6 hours ago, cigarette said:

Im going to Miami 4 july. Staying at Four Point Sheraton for 2 days, before going to Orlando for 10 days, then 3 days in Fort Lauderdale, before staying the last days in Foutainblau Miami.

Four Points Sheraton - swimming pool area and front entrance scenes in Definitely Miami and El Viejo, as well as the ice cream shop scene in Lombard

Fontainebleau - opening scene of Rites of Passage

A quick drive up to the 7000 section of Collins Ave takes you to more good stuff.

• Gol Italian Restaurant - 940 71st St - this was Pascal's Pascal Restaurant in Blood and Roses

• Ocean Terrace - seen in The Maze 

• 7747 Atlantic Way - safehouse in Definitely Miami - also they walk on the beach from Ocean Terrace to the safehouse

• 7800 Atlantic Way - Rivers' house in Contempt of Court

• 7615 Harding Ave  - Switek's apartment

Complete location guide by forum member CGlide:  http://www.miamivicelocations.org/

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, cigarette said:

Im bringing your music...... Thanks Dadrian

You're welcome! Then I'll be there in spirit! :thumbsup:

Drive into the Four Points with "Definitely Miami" playing, if you get a chance. Also, only a girl as hot as Callie is worth getting beat up and shot at by Ted Nugent. :p

• Like 1

Enjoy - go to North Miami Beach great locations up there and also try north of Fort Lauderdale:hippie:

Edited by Matt5

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Remington said:

I absolutely have to go to Miami at least once in my life.

Same here, but I don't know how I'll be able to fly for 20 hours. I can barely do 2. Miami is out of reach for me. :(

24 minutes ago, James said:

Same here, but I don't know how I'll be able to fly for 20 hours. I can barely do 2. Miami is out of reach for me. :(

Comeon James you can do it, try a few in-flight cocktails.  :p

1 hour ago, James said:

Come on James....I did many 17 hour flights to China and a number of 22 hour flights to India (w/layovers) and I'm much older than you....you CAN do it. :)

20 hours ago, airtommy said:

Four Points Sheraton - swimming pool area and front entrance scenes in Definitely Miami and El Viejo, as well as the ice cream shop scene in Lombard

Fontainebleau - opening scene of Rites of Passage

A quick drive up to the 7000 section of Collins Ave takes you to more good stuff.

• Gol Italian Restaurant - 940 71st St - this was Pascal's Pascal Restaurant in Blood and Roses

• Ocean Terrace - seen in The Maze 

• 7747 Atlantic Way - safehouse in Definitely Miami - also they walk on the beach from Ocean Terrace to the safehouse

• 7800 Atlantic Way - Rivers' house in Contempt of Court

• 7615 Harding Ave  - Switek's apartment

Complete location guide by forum member CGlide:  http://www.miamivicelocations.org/

Nice summary!  I need to put together a 'Hit List' of must-see locations for when I do eventually schedule a trip down. It is looooong overdue.  

What's a good way to start? I think there was a map summary in here at one time of shooting locations?

2 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Nice summary!  I need to put together a 'Hit List' of must-see locations for when I do eventually schedule a trip down. It is looooong overdue.  

What's a good way to start? I think there was a map summary in here at one time of shooting locations?

I was looking for the map recently but I couldn't find it.  I'm pretty sure we had one.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Comeon James you can do it, try a few in-flight cocktails.  :p

I guess... I don't drink alcohol though, only a sip at most once a year. Does it actually help with nervous tension? I was told that drinking isn't great for people who suffer from anxiety disorders and can make it worse over time. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, cigarette said:

Im ready, flight leaving in 45min.

Bringing a portable DVD, and all episodes! MVhGeek!

image.jpg

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

image.jpg

That's great! Have a safe flight, and Godspeed!

On 3/7/2017 at 2:05 PM, James said:

The longest I have tried flying is around 2 hours and 15 min. I couldn't handle more than that either. Well maybe 3 hours without the turbulence though. :) I don't know how relatives around the world do it. 

James....I like the sunglasses with the palm tree & flamingo..........:thumbsup:  although they are ladies glasses.

• Like 1

On July 2, 2017 at 7:33 AM, cigarette said:

List of current restaurants and bars which were used as Miami Vice filming locations:

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/12738-miami-restaurants-bars/

At 4660 N. Ocean Drive Lauderdale By The Sea there is the beachside bar where Leon is killed in the pilot episode:

http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page8.html

The scene in Whatever Works where the cops pull over the car and shoot the occupants was on A1A at Las Olas Blvd across from the famous Elbo Room.

• Like 2

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Tony D. said:

James....I like the sunglasses with the palm tree & flamingo..........:thumbsup:  although they are ladies glasses.

Ahem... That wasn't me, I was quoting cigarette's post. 

On 04/07/2017 at 4:55 PM, Tony D. said:

Definately Miami and El Viego !!:hippie:

On 04/07/2017 at 7:02 PM, airtommy said:

List of current restaurants and bars which were used as Miami Vice filming locations:

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/12738-miami-restaurants-bars/

At 4660 N. Ocean Drive Lauderdale By The Sea there is the beachside bar where Leon is killed in the pilot episode:

http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page8.html

The scene in Whatever Works where the cops pull over the car and shoot the occupants was on A1A at Las Olas Blvd across from the famous Elbo Room.

Fantastic FL locations - go into further north still into Fort L itself go and see the Phil the Shill locations by the Executive airport and the airport itself for the One Way Ticket scenes 

• Definitely Miami with Four Points Hotel was the episode first repated on July 4, the only time Vice aired on Independence Day.-and that was yesterday. The hotel have redone the outside. The pool is still the same, but the place where Crockett and Tubbs are sitting is gone, only the left side is still there.. But the two palmtrees seen at back are still there.

IMG_0513.JPG

• Like 2