Deleted Thread

airtommy

Jim accidentally deleted the Miscellaneous Miami Discussions thread.  I was trying to find it via the Google Cache and it seems Google isn't caching our website.  Any idea why?

And when I look at the Wayback Machine I get the message "ERROR 403 - FORBIDDEN".  Is everybody else getting this message?

https://web.archive.org/web/20161202110124/http://miamiviceonline.com/

I noticed my post count did not go down, so does that perhaps mean the thread is still in existence somewhere?

• Administrators

I think I may have blocked some robots from accessing the site back when we were on the other host and were constantly going over resource limits. I'll have to look into it first thing tomorrow morning since it's late evening here at the moment. 

The thread is not in existence anywhere, I've searched around and apparently IP Board no longer soft deletes threads so I'm afraid it's gone. :( 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, damrod said:

computers cant live with them or without them

Especially since all computers are referred to as "she"  or "her"  :D

• Like 1

• Administrators

After speaking with Loraine and telling her to stop blocking bots, I think I may have fixed the problem. Might take a few days before archive starts crawling though.

• Like 1

I always wondered why the forum doesnt actually feature prominently in the search results....it comes up in google for "Miami Vice Forum" but not so much with general MV queries. I hope you guys don't have search engine bots blocked or certain subforums, threads, etc? I know what it's like to run a forum and making wrong settings by accident can happen quite fast.

Speaking of subforums:  Whenever I click on them I currently get " Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Helpers\Table\Content::getSortByColumn() in /home1/miamivic/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(718) : eval()'d code on line 951"??

Edited by Den Taylor
  • Like 1

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Den Taylor said:

I always wondered why the forum doesnt actually feature prominently in the search results....it comes up in google for "Miami Vice Forum" but not so much with general MV queries. I hope you guys don't have search engine bots blocked or certain subforums, threads, etc? I know what it's like to run a forum and making wrong settings by accident can happen quite fast.

Speaking of subforums:  Whenever I click on them I currently get " Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Helpers\Table\Content::getSortByColumn() in /home1/miamivic/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(718) : eval()'d code on line 951"??

Damn. How did this happen now... Always one thing after another. :( 

• Administrators

Wow, I can't fix this. I'm going to need some support so it might be broken for a few days while I wait for replies and suggestions. ;(

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Den Taylor said:

Looks like some error with the sql table or the php script? Either way, it's working again now. *crossing fingers*

It was something to do with the theme. Updating seems to have fixed everything.

Anyway, I'm going to make a weekly backup of the forum just in case it happens again and there's no update to fix it.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tony D. said:

Thank you, James....it's good to have everything working again! :thumbsup:

You can thank Chris, he's the one who installed the update. All I done was ask someone on a forum who gave the suggestion of updating. :p 

Thanks guys for the update...looks to be loading a bit faster as well. Did we lose the test tab for location map? Wondering if Tim, James, or Chris spotted any map plugins when doing the update?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Thanks guys for the update...looks to be loading a bit faster as well. Did we lose the test tab for location map? Wondering if Tim, James, or Chris spotted any map plugins when doing the update?

I removed it, we had too many things and someone was complaining about some of the navigation links being behind the search bar. I guess for people running a lower resolution like 720p or less it wasn't loading correctly. I didn't think you were gonna use it because it was there for a few days with nothing added onto it. :p 

I still haven't been able to find any plugins or third party widgets unfortunately. However I'm still looking. I found a plugin for WordPress but not for IP Board or Standalone at least. :(

On July 9, 2016 at 0:39 AM, airtommy said:

Thread titles are suddenly all vertical, like this:

Website OFFLINE

With this latest update, the problem has disappeared for me.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, James said:

I removed it, we had too many things and someone was complaining about some of the navigation links being behind the search bar. I guess for people running a lower resolution like 720p or less it wasn't loading correctly. I didn't think you were gonna use it because it was there for a few days with nothing added onto it. :p 

I still haven't been able to find any plugins or third party widgets unfortunately. However I'm still looking. I found a plugin for WordPress but not for IP Board or Standalone at least. :(

Ok perhaps continuing to hunt for a plugin may be the answer. Who may be able to help on this?  I was also looking for others to chime in on this as I did not update the Map in the old forum, so am not familiar with how or who did the updates. But I'm pretty sure if it can be resurrected we can generate some further interest among location people in here to chip in and make updates to the various locations found. As I said before I know this map was useful as someone I know used it extensively to plan several trips to Miami and see important shooting locations. It provides something not seen in C Glide's site, which is a visual in one place of key locations for ease in route planning.

• Like 2

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Ok perhaps continuing to hunt for a plugin may be the answer. Who may be able to help on this?  I was also looking for others to chime in on this as I did not update the Map in the old forum, so am not familiar with how or who did the updates. But I'm pretty sure if it can be resurrected we can generate some further interest among location people in here to chip in and make updates to the various locations found. As I said before I know this map was useful as someone I know used it extensively to plan several trips to Miami and see important shooting locations. It provides something not seen in C Glide's site, which is a visual in one place of key locations for ease in route planning.

Yeah.

Who would've thought it'd be so hard to find a location/landmark map to put markers on. 

On 11/07/2017 at 5:09 AM, Tony D. said:

Thank you, James....it's good to have everything working again! :thumbsup:

I agree - all much better

Thankyou James !:hippie:

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:19 PM, Matt5 said:

I agree - all much better

Thankyou James !:hippie:

................and Chris !

16 hours ago, Tony D. said:

................and Chris !

Of course Tony - and Chris !:hippie:

Edited by Matt5