New MV covers by Dadrian?

cigarette

There is still many covers that @Dadrian has not done yet. Are you up to finish the rest of the shows music?  :shout:

Ill donate 50$ to this forum for every new cover that you do, and I encourage every one to do the same. :rauchen:(Or maybe 25 to Dadrian and 25 to the site?)

We need every song available when we go to Miami, film locations, AND crusing Ocean Drive an the rest of the streets of Miami!  :tasse_prost:

Edited by cigarette
  • Like 1

I appreciate the enthusiasm. I hope others feel the same about the music, but I don't need any money for it. I'll try to get started on something ASAP. We have a new baby, so it's kind of all hands on deck right now. Still, thanks again for this post, and stay tuned! :thumbsup:

• Like 5

That surely would be great to have all themes that appeared in the show covered!
However, since I've been working on my MV like album I understand now how much time and energy this type of work involves. And seeing that we're talking still plenty of themes here I don't see how Dadrian could pull this off.? No offense Dadrian, I know your work is excellent, I'm just saying that timewise it would be very hard to accomplish especially since you have a larger familiy now. ;-) Even if money would be a motivating factor it still can't buy enough time...? But hey - even 5 out of maybe 50 (?) remaining themes would still be great. In the meantime we have the excellent cue rips from the DVDs.

Yeah I could never cover them all, nor would I want to. There are a few, however, that deserve to be covered. Even some that were released had sounds added that I never cared for. "Tubbs and Valerie" is a perfect example. The "Escape from Television" version is great, but just then plain old original when Valerie asks Tubbs to stay the night in "Rites of Passage" is so perfect. I'm only two sounds away from being able to cover it (vibraphone and guitar strums). 

Anyway, there's much work to be done. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian

• 3 months later...

Dadrian, I just recently discovered your work on YouTube and have been playing it to death. Amazing work & cannot possibly say enough good things about your work. Thank you for your huge contribution to the MV scene!!! #dadrianhammer 

• Thanks 1

Dadrian, this tune is the MV sound on steroids! The harmony changes in this blow me away! Outstanding and so well done! I’m very happy to be able to tell you how much I love your music! Is there anyway to be able to buy your music?

Edited by ZAQ 178
  • Thanks 1

Great observation about the harmonies there! That cue is very much Jekyll/Hyde in almost every aspect. Jan was a master of turning his feelings about the scenes into the exact sounds that go with them (as with any good score musician). These MV harmonies, melodies, and rhythms have always resonated with me—I later found out I have many of the same musical influences as Jan! 

Speaking of those three elements, I would have to say “French Twist” is my favorite cue harmonically. 

You should be able to download all those songs here:

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/files/category/8-dadrian-wilson-covers/

I even made a few videos that showcase how the covers line up with the scenes. They are otherwise not enjoyable:

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/files/category/9-dadrian-wilson-videos/

Steven Mighty made a VERY enjoyable video with my Brenda cover on YouTube!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Great observation about the harmonies there! That cue is very much Jekyll/Hyde in almost every aspect.

That’s exactly how I see it & couldn’t have said it better myself! I fell asleep last night listening to all your stuff & woke up this morning to listen to it all again! Thank you for all your hard work Dadrian!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

I was able to download all the songs and get them onto iTunes. Thank you again Dadrian!

You’re welcome! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Me and my brother especially would like to thank you for re-mastering "Remission"

You are dong wonderful work, I mean how do you get it so exact? pure perfection. 

47 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Me and my brother especially would like to thank you for re-mastering "Remission"

You are dong wonderful work, I mean how do you get it so exact? pure perfection. 

Thanks very much. I’ve said before that it’s a bit like a ship in a bottle that I work on when I have extra time. That’s why I’ve only covered as many songs as I have. I try to get them perfect to my ears, but I eventually give up and share them as is. 

The only one out of all of them that I have no issues with personally is “The Heist”. I think it’s as close as I could ever get it to the original. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If there is any slightest chance you would release one of your covers in a not too distant future, which one would it be, Dadrian? Which one of your covers is the most likely to be released sooner? :radio:

Could we expect a surprise? A Christmas gift, maybe? :glossy: 

29 minutes ago, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

If there is any slightest chance you would release one of your covers in a not too distant future, which one would it be, Dadrian? Which one of your covers is the most likely to be released sooner? :radio:

Could we expect a surprise? A Christmas gift, maybe? :glossy: 

I’m getting very close on the original version of Tubbs and Valerie  from “Rites of Passage”. I will also do the “Prodigal Son” version—both of which are quite different from the versions that Jan released. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 11:44 AM, Dadrian said:

Thanks for sharing that, @Tom

I never get tired of hearing about someone enjoying the covers. :thumbsup:

I absolutely love them!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

I wonder if anyone here listens to Dadrian’s music as much as I do?!?! Lol

That's tough to answer, but it's on heavy rotation here together with the original Jan Hammer tunes and iconic tracks like Smuggler's Blues and Voices! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

I wonder if anyone here listens to Dadrian’s music as much as I do?!?! Lol

Yup!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1