Scarab+Daytona for sale!

cigarette

Talked to owner of this site David Martino.

http://www.miamivice38kv.com/contact-us/

I wanted to rent the boat as Im going to Fort Lauderdale to morrow. But is stored away! Its for sale, says he gonna ship it to Dubai- try to sell it for 2-20mil USD! His Daytona is also for sale(not used in the show) 

Edited by cigarette

7 minutes ago, cigarette said:

I wanted to rent the boat as Im going to Fort Lauderdale to morrow. But is stored away! Its for sale, says he gonna ship it to Dubai- try to sell it for 2-20mil USD! His Daytona is also for sale(not used in the show) 

lol, I remember when he was touting his grand plans to tour the country doing vice-themed performances. Guess that fell by the wayside.

FYI his Daytona was formerly owned by @jurassic narc, and is probably the closest car out there resembling the Daytonas used in the series. Btw, what was he asking for the car and do you know where it is listed?

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

lol, I remember when he was touting his grand plans to tour the country doing vice-themed performances. Guess that fell by the wayside.

FYI his Daytona was formerly owned by @jurassic narc, and is probably the closest car out there resembling the Daytonas used in the series. Btw, what was he asking for the car and do you know where it is listed?

Car :150k pluss and up. He is gonna call me back, since i wanna see the boat! Ill ask for more details and write it up here! There was a snake in the pool, kids was yelling... i had to hang up:wuerg:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damrod said:

Good luck.  Hope its what you want and works out.

Im not gonna buy this! All overpriced! Just see and take photos

• Like 2

4 hours ago, damrod said:

Unless you win the lottery........................

Then ill buy 3 boatplaces in the marina for my Scarab, Endevour42 and ChrisCraft Stinger 390x :rauchen:

• Like 2

• Administrators
7 hours ago, damrod said:

Unless you win the lottery........................

.... You don't stand a damn chance in this town. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, James said:

.... You don't stand a damn chance in this town. 

Well what do you think? Do I look like a guy that's about ready to get divorced? :) 

• Like 2

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Well what do you think? Do I look like a guy that's about ready to get divorced? :) 

You shaved! Definitely. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:12 PM, cigarette said:

I've read a lot of things over the years but this is DEFINITELY the stupidest!!! 

$2-20 MILLION for the Scarab??  And crazier yet $150K for the car ???? COME ON !!!!!

He'll never get 7 figures for the boat and will most likely not even get $35K for the car (without lying abut it's 'history'....which this BS scam artist has already done several times).  I've seen/driven his car.  He's crazy to think somebody would pay anything near that.

Hey, anybody interested in this can of Diet Coke that I have??   I'll sell it to you for $75 million !!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mvice8489 said:

Hey, anybody interested in this can of Diet Coke that I have??   I'll sell it to you for $75 million !!!!!

Only if it once belonged Carl Roberts. :) 

• Like 1

• Administrators

That dude's just plain greedy. He knows he won't get it so he's going to try rip off some rich guy in Dubai? What bothers me the most is that the boat might be leaving it's home over in the US, that just feels wrong. 

What an ass. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Only if it once belonged Carl Roberts. :) 

Not even then....these asking prices are beyond absurd. I'd expect the boat to fetch some premium over market because of its provenance...maybe @Scarab KV  has some thoughts on this?  But the car is not series-driven, unless he plans on hyping it up to infer that it was, as we have seen scammers do with other cars.

not even some rich dumbass from Dubai would pay 25% of what he is asking for those two items.  He's going to be stuck with those items for a LONG time  

• 2 weeks later...

The guy is a pathological liar. Everything about him and his story of how he acquired the boat is BS. He's been hawking this pipe dream of selling it to a big money buyer in Dubai for a year now. 

Craig paid 67k for it when he bought it from Jim. Martino begged Craig like a little biotch for over a year to sell it to him. Craig said that when he got to the right price, he let him have it. Can only imagine the price he paid to "be someone"

About the only thing historically correct on the boat is that it is the #1 boat. Everything else has been altered, modified, etc. It was never Tom's intention to restore it 100% correct, because a lot of the original equipment was gone when he purchased it. When Tom and I seen it at Miami, it was looking pretty run down.

The car was listed at 40k for a long time with no takers. No idea what he paid for it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I recall the past comments about this Martino guy when he was at the Miami boat show and was showing off #1 boat and jurassicnarc's former car. Seems he was pouring on the exaggerations at that time as well, and his website was even more left of accurate in alluding to the pedigree of the car. As to the $40k price tag, are you referring to the listing price before Martino bought it?

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

35 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I recall the past comments about this Martino guy when he was at the Miami boat show and was showing off #1 boat and jurassicnarc's former car. Seems he was pouring on the exaggerations at that time as well, and his website was even more left of accurate in alluding to the pedigree of the car. As to the $40k price tag, are you referring to the listing price before Martino bought it?

Yes, the car was listed for sale for nearly a year at the $40K level.  Probably sold for $35K

• 2 weeks later...

20 millions for a scarab. this is what i love with internet when you think you saw it all something still pops out from nowhere. so let me understand if you have 10 Koenigsegg Regera you can trade them for a scarab. i don't know you but personnally i wouldn't hesitate 2s :). seriously at this point we don't speak about lying anymore, but more about psycological issue :)

Edited by jpm1