Another new guy

IA-SteveB

Just another new guy checking in.  I was in grade school when Miami Vice was on the air and I never really watched it.  My best friend at the time was a Miami Vice nut and he dressed the part for sure.  He would come to school in 6th grade in a white linen suit, pastel shirt, boat shoes with no socks and Ray Bans.  He had a paper route so he could afford it. :)  I never really got into Vice until 2000 or so when I was visiting Miami.  I stayed in a nice hotel there and caught some episodes of Vice on cable and I was hooked from that point on.  Since I was a child of the 80's I could identify with the music and fashion trends and it was really very cool to re-live that time in my life.  Throughout my life I have always associated music with events and times in my life when I was hearing that music and Vice really captured this for me as well.

I still watch Vice quite a lot because music is a big part of my life and I really like the way Vice incorporates it into the show.  It plays a big part.  Certain scenes always stick in my mind *because* of the music, oddly just like events in my own life.  Walking on the beach in Definitely Miami to "Cry" ... driving at night to "In the Air Tonight" and so on.  My favorite character was Crockett of course but I have to admit I have a major crush on Saundra Santiago.  She is such a timeless beauty and she has aged incredibly well.  I'd have to say my favorite songs from the series are Go Insane by Lindsey Buckingham and Naughty Naughty by John Parr.  Not sure about my favorite episode but Phil the Shill is up there.  Season 2 is my favorite selection and I haven't watched season 5 yet.

I keep teasing my girlfriend that I am going to go full Sonny and wear a linen suit this summer but she tells me I'll be going out by myself if that happens.

I live in Iowa just a few miles from where Michael Talbott grew up.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 2

Welcome, IA-SteveB!

From your first post it is evident that you share the same love for Miami Vice as all the members on this site!  We will enjoy talking with you in the upcoming Topics. :thumbsup: